Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Yays and Nays!

 

You guys know I love Banza chickpea pasta. It's definitely the best of the bean pastas, and it's my favorite gluten free pasta. I noticed that Whole Foods has chickpea pasta for one dollar less than Banza, and since I treated myself to a few things I decided to save a buck and try their version. 

Just from the box I could tell that the pasta is thicker than Banza, which concerned me because texture is a big issue with gluten free anything in my opinion. But, I like to keep an open mind. 

Last night I made a quick potato cashew cheese sauce and added some shredded violife mature cheddar for some good old mac and cheese with BBQ tofu. If I were a meal planner I would have gotten kale or collards to have with this meal. But back to the pasta. It's much stodgier than Banza and it's just too much. I really don't care for it and wish I would have just sprung for Banza. I definitely do not recommend this!


I also tried the Whole Foods brand hummus which is also a decent price at $2.99. Red pepper and garlic were my choices so I chose red pepper. This is worth saving the buck on. Nice and creamy and definitely as good as other brands that are more expensive. 


I tried the Simple Mills cassava flour crackers awhile ago and LOVED them! They were really light and crispy especially for anything gluten free. I decided to try the sprouted seed version, and I gotta say not so good. They're really dense and not as cracker-y. Now I know to stick to the cassava flour! 

Roses are red, and pink and white too!

 



4 comments:

  1. That meal looks amazing, too bad about the pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Banza is definitely the best gf pasta I've had too!! But that cheese sauce combo sounds amazing. Also, I LOVE the Whole Foods hummus!! It's good! Also a fan of the Private Selection hummus at Kroger (I'm thinking Smith's would have that too). I like it better than Sabra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the same thing to myself more than once! Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the chickpea pasta, but the cheese sauce and BBQ tofu sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete