Wednesday, October 28, 2020

What I Ate When I Didn't Feel so Great

 Sunday morning we woke up to snow here in SLC. It was also grey and gloomy and extremely cold. Sunday night it dropped down to under twenty degrees! It kind of sent me into an early battle with seasonal blues. I feel a huge sense of dread for winter this year. More so than other years. 2020 maybe?

I took a picture of everything I ate yesterday. It wasn't a great or exciting day of food, but it's pretty typical for colder days, or days when my mental health isn't the greatest. 

Dream Team

I really try to eat one Brazil nut a day for selenium. If you look under my hand you will notice Joan laying on the heater vent. She really stretches out. Wouldn't want to share the heat with any of us!


For breakfast I had a chickpea pancake and a butter lettuce salad. I've been really loving this spicy cashew butter dressing from Trader Joe's. For some reason when I'm feeling down having a salad for breakfast makes me feel better, like at least I'm taking care of myself or something. 


I almost drank my juice before getting a picture! Orange ginger and carrot, the usual!

Kombucha forever!

Afternoon snacking and lounging!


I made "The Stew" again for dinner, but with lentils instead of chickpeas. This was the perfect meal for how I was feeling. Soothing and comforting and warm. Delicious, I definitely see why this recipe is so popular. And the leftovers are even better!

A few squares to end the day on a sweet note


5 comments:

  1. Okay, so let me get this straight...you put eggnog in coffee? Is that a thing? If not, it's either completely genius or just plain cray-cray. Once the holiday season gets into full swing, I'm going to have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, eggnog in coffee has been one of my favorites for years!! You have to let me know when you try it, if you think I'm genius or cray- cray!!!

      Delete
  2. I like your day of eats, they look comforting and soothing but also good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should try your salad breakfast sometime. I'm trying anything to feel a bit better these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time you make the stew, it looks amazing! I'm going to have to try it one of these days!

    ReplyDelete