Saturday, October 24, 2020

Fall Blues and Small Trader Joe's Haul

 Fall has blown in to SLC like a sneaky beast this week. Up until now it's been in the seventies and even eighties some days! Temps have dropped significantly and I've heard mutterings of possible snow Sunday night!! I'm not even close to being ready. But it is 2020.

I braved the elements to go to Trader Joe's for a few things yesterday morning. I'm going to the Asian market today, so I went light. My Trader Joe's doesn't have a lot of the fun seasonal stuff I've seen on social media. Last year it looked like a pumpkin threw up pumpkin spice everything, this year they're keeping it more basic. 

Water kefir, fugi apples, peanut butter, tomato paste, onion, coconut milk, fruit jellies, sunflower butter cups, spicy crunchy poofs, celery, potatoes, green onion, butter lettuce, lemons, carrots, sweet potato


I have a hard time getting the camera to really capture Bubba's baby blues. This is the closest I've gotten so far. Isn't he so handsome?

As I was walking home from the bus feeling so blue and full of dread for the winter, I saw this really pretty rose bush. The roses are different colors. I've never seen a bush like that, only single colors. It kind of cheered me up a bit!


6 comments:

  1. I love his perfect eyes.
    I too am having seasonal dread, but for summer. It is so humid here today, I am so tired of thinking about sweating through the next eight months. At least we have air con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I dread the summer here too. I dread winter and summer equally, too bad we have about two days of fall and spring!!
      Stay cool and out of the glaring sun!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous eyes!

    Where I live--kind of north and pretty far east in my time zone--it's the darkness that's beginning to overwhelm me. I hate it when the sun goes down at 3:30PM. It's hard to have any motivation for ANYTHING in the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you there. Between the darkness and the cold I just want to hibernate! I feel a real sense of dread for this winter.

      Delete
  3. Bubba has such beautiful eyes, and I love your photo of the rose bush!

    ReplyDelete