Thursday, February 21, 2019

WooHoo Chobani Makes Vegan Yogurt!!!

I found some more awesome WooHoo deals at Smiths! I always looks at the watermelon water and roll my eyes at the price. But for $1.99 I gave into temptation for a bit of liquid summer! And I got all natural, cruelty free and vegan toothpaste for $.90? Yes please!!
Why didn't I take my ratty glove off????
Who knew Chobani made vegan yogurt? I had no idea. Usually I read about these things on social media but this is either really new or I just missed the news. I saw peach and vanilla, but only the peach was WooHooed. I have to say texture wise this is the closest to dairy yogurt I've tried. It was almost too realistic. Did anyone eat Light and Lively yogurt in their pregan days? My mom always got yogurt that was barely sweetened, slightly clumpy and fruit on the bottom. I loved any chance to get the smoother, sweeter yogurts. This reminded me of my old friend Light and Lively.  Flavor wise I wasn't blown away, but to be fair I never ever like anything peach flavored. I don't even like peaches that much, I'm team nectarine. So I think for people who love peach flavored things this would be a hit. Now that I know the texture is great I'll be more willing to pay full price for a different flavor.
Bubba update. He has come inside for the past two mornings. I close the door but leave it a teensy bit ajar so he knows he can leave if he wants. This is him sitting on my lap on the couch!!! He'll stay for about thirty minutes or so, but he ends up leaving. But we're making progress. I keep telling him he can stay and be the king of the castle. I worry because he hasn't eaten much the last couple of days so I hope I can convince him to join our little family. Also I need to think of a more fitting name than Bubba. He's not a mechanic!I usually name animals after musicians so I guess I have to think of who he would be if he were a musician. Keep wishing us luck.





7 comments:

  1. I saw that new chobani but i have spent so much on vegan yogurts I really didn’t like that I didn’t want to risk it. I’ll try it now in your recommendation though!
    That’s good news with Bubba :)) and The Google says there’s a swedish musician duo named My Bubba, so maybe no name change is needed ;)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about vegan yogurts. It's such a letdown when they're bad, because they're double the price of dairy yogurt. I was reading some reviews of the vegan chobani. and it seems the texture is everyone's favorite thing about the yogurt. I hope you like it!
      I was thinking about Tom because I love Tom Petty, but is that too spot on because he's a Tom cat?

      Delete
    2. Tom is a good name!!! Who doesn’t love tom petty?? And the fact he’s a tom cat actually makes it even better!
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  2. Yay Bubba (aka name to be confirmed), that is some great progress!
    What did you think of the watermelon water? I bought some on sale here a while ago and it was... fine... a bit meh. I'd rather eat watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm worried about Bubba. He wouldn't come in yesterday or today. We go forward and then back. But I'm going to keep trying.
      I definitely did not care for the water at all. I actually could only take a few sips. I definitely would rather eat the watermelon or juice my own!!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that Bubba has come inside and even sat on your lap, what a sweetheart! I hope he visits you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for Chobani!!I sincerely hope we get that up my way.Might be a pipe dream but would love to try and I'm a fan of fruit on the bottom type.Good luck with Bubba!😻

    ReplyDelete