Monday, February 11, 2019

What I Ate on a Sunday

I started my day out with this celery, pineapple and collard greens juice. The pineapple definitely helped sweeten the celery and collards.
I decided to kepp it green for a little while longer. I decided to have a simple salad for breakfast. This is just a head of Romaine with Trader Joe's Goddess dressing. This really hit the spot. I like having salad for breakfast because in the morning I'm much more motivated to chop and mix and all of that. Sometimes at night, especially after a long night at work I just want to throw whatever together, and I'm not always worried about getting in those greens.
After cleaning and working out I made this delicious smoothie with frozen strawberries, coconut milk, peanut butter, banana and maca powder. This was so creamy and it tasted like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!!
I had some of this delicious roasted garlic hummus with crackers for a little afternoon snack. This roasted garlic hummus is really, really good. The garlic flavor is assertive. not aggressive.

It's been far too long since I've had mashed potatoes and gravy! I had a packet of my favorite Mayacamas gravy in my pantry along with some potatoes that needed to be used, and I needed a hug so mashed potatoes it is! I added some lentils to the gravy for  protein and fiber. This hit the spot, and now I have leftovers for breakfast!




5 comments:

  1. Lentils in gravy is a great idea, and the PB&J smoothie sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks and sounds great but I have to say that the GREEN in that drink looks STELLAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salad breakfast sounds great! I love how crunchy romaine is, something very satisfying about that. Your smoothie photo looks like it’s about to spill everywhere!
    Those mary’s gone crackers are so good- have you seen those gluten free norwegian crisps at trader joes? They’re thick and seedy and fairly large, fantastic topped with some hummus and veggies or avocado.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all of these beautiful colors!! I can't imagine drinking a smoothie now but yours looks so good it's tempting! Dinner looks so comforting and delicious, yum!

    ReplyDelete