Sunday, June 7, 2015

Memories of School Pizza

So yesterday was a day where I couldn't be bothered to cook. I was tired and emotionally drained from work. I wonder if toxic people know how draining they are to be around. Sometimes it takes me two days to recover from that energy. Anyway, lucky me I had the Daiya pizza in my freezer. As soon as I opened the package, when it was still frozen, I could smell the roasted garlic. This pizza had roasted garlic and mushrooms, and interestingly both cheddar and mozzarella shreds. As you may or may not be able to tell from my amazing picture they aren't shy with the shreds.
I don't like to be anything other than supportive of vegan products, but I have to say that I was not impressed with this pie. I found that the sauce was bland, and the mushrooms and garlic were completely over-powered by the copious amount of shreds. Also, the crust was not how I like pizza crust to be. It was thin, and crisp, but not in a pleasing way. I was very let down, I think this is my least favorite pizza, vegan or not, frozen or not. The price I paid for this was $7.99, and as I mentioned the other day, that was the sale price.
I will say this, if you like daiya, and lots of it, and are gluten free, you might like this pizza. It is nice that there is a vegan gluten free option, because a lot of gluten free items rely heavily on eggs and dairy. Also, this would be good for kids, as it's not spicy at all. It actually reminds me of the cheese pizzas they serve in school.
Sorry Daiya, at least Dylan still loves you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment