Friday, February 20, 2015

More than Zero

I just finished yoga, and I accomplished a pose(posture?) that I have struggled with, to the point where I wondered if it would ever be in my rotation. It's a strong core/balance pose, and like I said it's a tough one. I find balancing poses to be hard especially when I'm a little down, or have things on my mind. When I realized I was not only doing it, but doing it with ease, I broke out into a big, hey it's eighty degrees and sunny smile, in spite of myself! I was feeling so defeated earlier about so many things, but now I see that I have come far. That little moment of joy meant so much, and came at a time when it was so desperately needed! Change the things I can. I can't change the weather, but I can change my attitude. And I can keep reminding myself that being loving to myself, and taking care of myself does matter, and I am improving, even if I forget to notice for awhile.
I'm high on the buzz of that unexpected feeling. I'm still getting used to accomplishing more than pounding x amount of beers, and I gotta say I like it. I like to share the good and the bad. Balance.
Stay warm, and do some yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment