Monday, October 6, 2014

Updates

I am feeling very blue about the weather change. It's October, I can't live in denial anymore. Whether I like it or not, it's getting cold. I feel so bad for the stray kitties that I feed outside. I just see nothing but misery in the future, so I have been sitting in front of this screen for an hour, and nothing but whining is coming to my head.
So instead of whining, I'm going to give two little updates, one being a jojoba update, and one being a Robin update. Yesterday as I mentioned, I took a detox bath, and as I was out of ginger, I used miracle bath salts, baking soda, and about seven or eight drops of jojoba oil. I soaked and sweated for thirty minutes, and wow did I feel better afterwards. And I noticed right away, while I was in the bath how nice my skin felt. I don't always add baking soda to my detox bath, but I always notice my skin is softer when I do. And the jojoba oil didn't stay separated in the water, it seemed to mix right in. Needless to say I totally recommend dropping some jojoba oil in your next bath, especially if the temperature is starting to drop where you live.
Now onto Robin. He has adjusted beautifully to living indoors, and all of my kitties have adjusted to him. Only one has a real problem with him, and she is all hiss and no scratch. For the most part he pays no attention to me, other than the occasional look of disdain as I walk by. He does allow me the privilege of a few pets when it is mealtime. I assume he feels that he has to earn his keep, and pay the troll guarding the bridge, or in this case the wet food. He's going to really hate me as I have to make an appointment to get neutered, so we will have a whole new set of trust issues. Ha! I am so grateful that I am able to give Robin shelter, and I definitely made the right choice.
Now I hope maybe a chia seed elixir will help pull me out of this funk a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment