Friday, January 22, 2021

Tasty Vegan Food I've Eaten!

 Have you guys seen the quesadilla hack that has taken over the interwebz? I believe it started on Tik Tok, but I saw it on the Gram. You take a tortilla and cut a slit in it, and then put your fillings in little quadrants, fold and toast. I had some leftover lentil taco filling so I decided to try and be hip. I also used this queso I've been loving. It's from simple Truth which is Kroger/Fred Meyer/Smith's and I think Ralph's house organic brand. They're very vegan friendly!

This stuff is incredible. And it's made from butter beans and oats, what?? It's creamy and decadent with a nice little kick. Best of all it's not outrageously expensive like most other vegan queso!


Out of all the little internet food hacks I've heard of and tried, this is my favorite and the most functional. It makes a quesadilla super easy to eat. You could even eat this one handed if you're in a rush. 


I also made chocolate chip blondies!! I used this recipe and didn't change anything. these were really easy to make, and really tasty!

I used to love Wonton soup. It's hard to find vegan wonton soup, and pretty impossible to find gluten free and vegan wonton soup. I have some Korean veggie dumplings I found at the Asian market, so I used those as wontons. This was nostalgic and delicious! A nice dollop of chili garlic crunch rounded out the perfection!


7 comments:

  1. I've seen that quesadilla/wrap folding hack and I don't know how to feel about it, but you do make a good point about portability!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way, but I actually kind of like it!! And it really makes a less messy meal!

      Delete
  2. If you love wonton soup I have a recipe for you that I’ve making for over a decade. I use gimme lean sausage, though I haven’t been able to find I lately. http://vegweb.com/recipes/super-scrumptious-wonton-soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the link!!
      I haven't seen the gimme lean sausage in quite some time either, now that you mention it. I wonder if it's covid related?

      Delete
  3. I had a leftover wrap the other week so did that folding trick, it was so much fun! I have a bunch of ideas for things I want to try with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun!! I've seen a lot of fun ideas on the Gram. i think this is one of the best and most useful food trends!

      Delete
  4. So much good food! I love making wonton soup with veggie dumplings!

    ReplyDelete