Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Noodle-y Bacon-y Things!!!

 Now that I'm having wheat again, the noodle aisle at the Asian market has opened up so much for me, and it's one of my favorite aisles! They also have a lot of fresh noodles, right by my other favorite section, the tofu! 

I found these fresh Shanghai noodles that looked very egg-y and not vegan, but much to my surprise they are vegan!



Since I also had this delicious, already seasoned and already cooked tofu I decided it was noodle night!

I sauteed some green onion, garlic and ginger, added the thinly sliced tofu and noodles, and then stir fried it all with a little sauce made with soy sauce and hoisin. This used only one pan and was ready in under ten minutes. Take out who?


 I picked this up at Whole Foods a few weeks ago. This was a total impulse buy, thanks Instagram!!! I don't really eat a lot of bacon-y things, but I was thinking about using it to try and make mushroom bacon.


Today I made potato wedges and mixed some of the bacon seasoning with vegan mayo for dipping. It's pretty strong, if you're a fan of bacon-y things, this could be for you!

 




3 comments:

  1. That noodle dish looks amazing!
    I ahve some of that bacon seasoning in my house! But I don't know that I have ever used it. I must fix that. Potatoes seem like an excellent way for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stir-fried noodles and tofu look like such a good meal! And the bacon flavored seasoning sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete