Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Small Indian and Asian Market Haul and Spicy Urad Dal!!!

 There's a small Indian market near me on the way to the Asian market. I've never been to an Indian market so yesterday I went to both places. Now that I'm having wheat a whole world has opened up. 

The Indian market was pretty small, and they didn't have prices on like ninety percent of the items, and the prices I did see were pretty high. I'm on a budget and can't just throw things in a basket willy nilly. There's an Indian market near Sprouts, so I think I'll check them out sometime.


 I cannot wait to try the Aloo Paratha! I don't know what could top potato stuffed flat bread!!!

Oranges, Vietnamese udon noodles, fried tofu, spring roll pancake,tofu, tofu cutlet, spiced tofu, ginger, Cantonese noodles

My Asian market haul! I couldn't get dumplings because the aisle was very crowded and being restocked by several employees, so I'll have to go back for all the vegan dumplings!


This is a new to me dish that will be in regular rotation! Spicy Urad Dal! It's black split lentils stewed with lots of garlic and ginger, tomato and spices. I used this recipe. This made my apartment smell so INCREDIBLE!!! I served it with a piece of garlic naan and loved every bite! This dish will be in a regular rotation around here!



3 comments:

  1. Oooh fun! I need to get out to our Indian market, but it's soooo far! All the good Indian restaurants and markets in Memphis are in the suburbs. But I love going out there and stocking up on fun chaat snacks. We have a Vietnamese market down the street from my house, and I'm a regular there. They have the best deals on produce and the biggest variety of ramen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things I bought an an Indian market were always SO SPICY but it seems like you like spice so it might work out for you!

    ReplyDelete