Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday Stuff!

 Yesterday was supposed to be grocery day, but sometimes life is funky. I guess I should say sometimes I'm funky. I didn't have it in me to deal with Saturday crowds, or the bus. The bus has also been difficult during the pandemic, so many people think once they get on the bus the mask can become a chin strap. 

I decided just to pick up a few things at the Asian market. It's a long walk, but it was worth it to skip the bus. 

veggie potstickers, carrots, oranges, ginger, onion, tofu, Shanghai noodles, spinach pakora, fava beans

The oranges at the Asian market are always so cheap, and I swear they are the juiciest oranges I've ever seen in my life. 

I also ran into the Indian market for spinach pakoras and fava beans. I want to make Ful Medames this week!


I used to love to make chickpea noodles soup. In the past few years I haven't made it too often because gluten free noodles just aren't as good, and I always like to have saltine crackers with my no chicken soup. Oyster crackers are just little circular saltines so this was a hit! I made this on a very low day and it was like a hug in a bowl.


Even though I'm having gluten now, I'll never stop loving a bowl of rice, tofu, some veg and a spicy peanut sauce!


Last night I made a real lasagna! I've made several gluten free lasagnas and always felt super let down. The texture is never right, and it never seemed worth the effort. I think I still have several pieces of frozen GF lasagna in my freezer. 

This was so easy because I used the no boil noodles. I just made a quick tofu ricotta and a jarred marinara. I used daiya mozzarella shreds and a handful of Whole Foods 365 brand cheddar shreds. The daiya melted like a dream, the 365 shreds did not melt. The lasagna was still excellent. Gluten for the total win!


3 comments:

  1. Hiya! I'm back with a from-scratch blog :)
    Still working out some bugs, tho. I saw the soup on IG and that Lasagna OMG looks awesome! I know what you mean about the pandemic...I'm an extrovert but this pandemic has made me an introvert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to find no-boil lasagna noodles without eggs in them, but I love lasagna, too. Tofu ricotta is SO GOOD. I swear vegan lasagna is so much better than what I made as an omnivore.

    ReplyDelete