Sunday, January 24, 2021

A Day at Ikea, Frozen Pizza for Dinner!

 The chair that I use when I'm blogging was a very used hand me down that was wonky and wobbly when it was given to me two years ago, and it has been getting worse and worse. I went to two thrift shops to find a new one, but none were the right height. So, a coworker who is in my bubble and covid free took me on an adventure to Ikea!! OMG, I love that store and want to decorate all the apartments from Ikea!! I forgot how inexpensive Ikea really is. Some stuff isn't much more than thrift stores! I found a really comfy and cute chair for seventy dollars which made my day!


As you can see, someone is already giving it the love seal of approval! I'm leaving the old one next to my new chair so that I can have a friend next to me! Plus, I'm hoping it cuts down on the seat thievery around here!

Since I was under budget for my chair, I picked up a few goodies from their little food section! I've heard so many things about the vegan balls(he he) I'm so excited to try them! I can't ever say no to vegan gummies either.


I've been missing the library so much since Covid. The library here reopened for maybe less than a week, Covid cases started going back up and they closed again. So I was so happy when I found this at a thrift store! Nick Hornby is a favorite of mine and I haven't read this one!

Ikea was pretty overwhelming on a Saturday afternoon. My introverted self was very drained when I got home and wanted an easy dinner. It seemed like a great night to bust out my hummus kale pizza from Whole Foods!

It also has these delicious slices of grilled eggplant. I've given up on making eggplant myself, but I sure love it when other people make it! The hummus as the sauce becomes kind of both buttery and a little cheese-y. It also comes with this little packet of lemon olive oil that you drizzle on the end, chef's kiss! And the crust is hands down the best crust of any frozen pizza I've had, and better than some delivery pizza I've had! If you made this no one would ever in a million years guess that it was frozen. Amy's roasted veggie pizza used to be my favorite cheese-less pizza, but this pizza snatched Amy's wig right off. It's also cheaper than Amy's. Ten out of ten will definitely buy again!



10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get yourself a nice new chair; it looks great! And that pizza sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pizza is so good, I think I already want to buy another one!!

      Delete
  2. Ikea is really inspiring, but it's overload for me so I don't buy things; I just leave. I need to find a way to make it more manageable because they really do have good stuff.

    Eggplant really is so delicious! I'm glad you had some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very, very overwhelming to me. My friend kind of pulled me through, at one point literally!! I feel like online Ikea shopping might be the way.
      The eggplant on this pizza was perfection!

      Delete
  3. Hey, once you're finished with the book, try to catch the film. It was very enjoyable. It stars Rose Byrne, Ethan Hawke and Chris O'Dowd (who I adore).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will. I love all three of those actors!!

      Delete
  4. I love Ikea, but it can be overwhelming. I really need to go to get some more photo frames and some stuff from the food hall, but every time I think about it there seems to be another COVID scare. School holidays finish this week, so I will hopefully be able to go soon when there are less people! They are open late on Friday evening, and that is actually a very quiet and peaceful time to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so overwhelming!! I was kind of freaking out, which I would be normally but covid brings a whole new level of scare!
      Next time I go I need to find a better, more relaxing time to go!!

      Delete
  5. Library worker who loves to read your blog here-
    Chances are, your library isn't fully closed, they're doing curbside pickup. I'd suggest calling them to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I will call and find out. I am on the email list, and first they were closed, then they reopened just for pick-up, no browsing, then covid jumped again and I got an email saying they were closing again. But they might still be doing the curbside pickup. I will check, thanks for the reminder. I really can't wait for the day when I can go browsing again though!!!

      Delete