Friday, September 6, 2019

What I Ate Thursday!

I had a little bit of leftover fried rice before I worked out. As kind of a pre=breakfast I guess. Cold fried rice is almost as good as cold leftover curry!!
Earlier in the week I sauteed mushrooms, garlic and onions so I could throw them in chickpea pancake batter. Every time I make mushrooms I wonder why I don't make them more often? They're so good!
I am still on the celery juice!! I'm not as hardcore as a lot of celery juice drinkers who drink it straight. I have to have some fruit in it to cut the bitter saltiness of the celery. This is celery and gala apple.
For dinner I made a spicy slaw with veganaise and sriracha, and had that with some rice and baked tofu. I also made a little sauce with tamari, a little coconut sugar, chili paste and a little sesame oil. This definitely hit the spot!!
Bubba likes to sit in the very corner of the couch looking into his room. I think he likes to keep an eye on his safe space. He hangs out in the living room when he's awake, and will only nap on the couch if I'm on the couch. Otherwise when he wants to nap he goes to his room. I've accepted that we might not all be friends, but hopefully we can all tolerate each other. Kiki thinks tolerance is highly overrated!!





4 comments:

  1. Your chickpea pancake sounds amazing, especially with the added mushrooms! And the spicy slaw sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way about mushrooms. I love them but I don't seem to use them very much.

    That fried rice is still on the verge of convincing me to spring for Just Egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mushrooms are amazing and I love them, though I also don't use them that often now that I think about it. Your pancake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day of meals! I love mushrooms too and the chickpea omelette sounds amazing. The cold fried rice sounds great too, I love cold fried rice lol. Hi Bubba!

    ReplyDelete