Monday, September 9, 2019

Blue's Clues

I was reading an article last week about the blue zones where people live the longest and healthiest lives. It was so interesting and the article left e wanting to learn more, so I went to the old library and found a new book to read!
I'm interested in not only the diets but also habits that make these people so healthy and happy. Because the two definitely go together. I've been wanting to kind of clean up my diet and life a bit so this seems like a pretty good guide.
I've been reading this book over the weekend and pretty much eating out of my pantry.I figured I'd get groceries this week when I have a better sense of what to buy.
This is a terrible picture of a delicious meal! I had some tomatoes that I needed to use, and they weren't the best for eating raw, so I roasted them with some garlic and made roasted garlic and tomato cashew Alfredo. With some Miyomo's mozzarella on top. Also with some white beans.
Last night I made a green lentil and tofu curry. Always one of my favorite meals!! Luckily a lot of my favorite foods and meals are definitely blue zone foods. People in the blue zones eat at least half a cup of legumes a day, and tofu is a mainstay!!  I also see a lot of sweet potatoes in my future so I need to acquire a taste for them!! Yikes!
This is the face of a guilty stalker. This picture was taken after the ten millionth time chasing her away from pouncing on Bubba. Like she is out for blood!!





6 comments:

  1. Oh damn, that roasted tomato and garlic alfredo sounds (and looks) wonderful! Is that gluten free rotini I see under there?

    Little Kiki! So innocent...butter wouldn't melt, as my grandma used to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a pasta person but that pasta dish looks incredible! Count me in for that. I'm very curious about the book! It sounds really interesting! Hahaha Kiki! You can see "it wasn't me" written all over her face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the pasta and the curry! I don't know much about blue zones other than Japan, but I'll be interested to see how you approach the book's advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bowls! Our Charlie was a stalker and feral. It takes some adjusting that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that innocent Kiki face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Alfredo sauce sounds amazing, and Kiki looks like she's already plotting her next pounce!

    ReplyDelete