Monday, September 2, 2019

Just Some Stuff

I decided to put my new oven to the test by making some gluten free chocolate chip cookies. That bag of gluten free flour has been burning a hole through my cupboard and I needed to use some! I used this recipe.
They are okay. I don't know if it's me or the recipe, but she said bake for eleven minutes, and that the cookies should look underdone when you take them out. I had to bake these for fifteen or sixteen minutes, and they still aren't really done, but I was afraid of making hockey pucks. I don't know if it's the gluten free flour, high altitude or what. This is why I don't bake often! At least they still taste good.
I scrambled up a little of the Just Egg and I have to say I'm pretty shocked buy the egginess! It doesn't really smell or taste like egg which is a great thing in my book. I'm sure some black salt will fix that for egg fans. But the texture is terrifyingly eggy. I wish I were good at making omelettes because I feel like this was meant for that. I will say though that the price is insane, and for people who like eggs I don't think you should have to pay ten dollars and still have to add an ingredient to get the results.
For dinner I had more stuffed potatoes! I stuffed these with myacoba beans, corn, nooch and some green hot sauce. I topped the potatoes with salsa Verde and of course more of the vegan ranch dip. So simple but SO GOOD!!
This is Kiki the Bubba hunter in her natural habitat! Remember when I thought she was stalking him to be friends? I was so wrong. She's stalking him because she wants to kick his ass. She's already pounced on him once!! I raised my girls to be kind and non violent so I am shocked. Send help and Jackson Galaxy!!!!




9 comments:

  1. Oh Kiki. Be friends! Or at least be tolerable acquaintances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I've never known her to be like this. When he first came in, she was nice to him, and now she's decided to be a mean girl!!!

      Delete
  2. I was so envious of your Just Egg score, I decided not to speak to you for a couple of days. I've been stalking those things on Amazon for several months now. There are no stores near me that even carry it! Damn you, Hillary.

    Oh and BTW, you're mistaken - those cookies look pretty darn fantastic. Overloaded with choco-chips, just the way I love them. I'll be they were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I don't blame you!! Honestly I can't believe they priced it so low, and I can't believe I was the first vegan on the scene!!!
      I added more chocolate chips than the recipe called for!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad the cookies tasted good even if the recipe's baking time was somewhat off! And your stuffed potatoes sound amazing! Oh Kiki, I'm sure Bubba would much rather be your friend than have you pounce on him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does just want to be friends, or at the very least not pounced on!!!

      Delete
  4. Just Egg is available in a store near me, but the price is frightening and I am pretty happy with tofu or chickpea flour scrambles. What I really miss, and might pay $10 for, would be a hard boiled egg. But as time goes on I miss it less and less, so perhaps, in the end, I wouldn't, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the price is INSANE. No one who eats eggs is going to think of the just egg as a reasonable replacement because of the cost!!! But dang, it is a pretty amazing product.
      I used to like hard boiled eggs with a little pepper!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm so damn curious about those eggs! Those stuffed baked potatoes OMG. They look so amazing!! Poor Bubba! Kiki is so territorial!

    ReplyDelete