Sunday, September 1, 2019

Small Trader Joe's Haul!

I have a little haul from Trader Joe's to show. Nothing too crazy, but I did get a couple of fun things. I got there shortly after they opened and it wasn't too traumatic!!
Frozen blueberries,tofu, lemons,bananas, soy creamer, rice crackers, potatoes, coffee, sweet chili sauce, coconut milk, sunflower butter cups, celery, chickpea flower, mushrooms, orange, vegan ranch dip(!!!), Miyokos vegan cream cheese(!!!!)
Trader Joe's sells the Miyoko's cream cheese at a somewhat reasonable price, but the only flavor they have is the unlox your dreams and I've never had lox, but I'm not a fan of super fishy things. And also while I like Miyoko's cheese, I don't always feel like it's worth the high price. Anyway, I saw someone try this flavor on YouTube and she loved it and said it tasted almost more onion-y. I decided to go for it yesterday. It just sounded really good. Too bad I can't find a decent gluten free bagel or bread!!
I tried it with some rice crackers when I got home, and I LOVE IT!! It is definitely the best Miyoko's product I've tried. It has a really savory flavor. It doesn't taste too fishy to me, so I don't know how close to lox it is, but it's close to perfection in my book. And the texture is pretty spot on from what I remember. Finally a splurge that was more than worth it!!!
I have heard mixed reviews of the vegan ranch dip, but the same person also tried this and loved it. I had this feeling that vegan ranch would be really tasty ns a baked potato instead of sour cream so I decided to try it. It's a pretty big tub for $3.49 so it's not bad price wise, but still a splurge and I'm happy to report also worth it!! It's very dill forward which I LOVE!! But if you don't like dill you should avoid this!! It has a very slight coconut flavor, but very light. It's not super thick, but it's definitely thicker than ranch dressings. I love it, I want to have it in my fridge all the time!!!
The grapes are coming in fast!! I tasted one yesterday and they're so close!! I can't wait for them to be ready. They grow on a pretty big fence and I think I'm the only one that picks them in the neighborhood!!!
The ugly thing just can't go away!! Much to the girl's chagrin I had it outside for Bubba. I have to be sneaky about feeding the stray cats because my landlord doesn't like it. So I brought in the ugly thing and the girls have reclaimed it as their own!! Here is a rare sleepy Joan moment!!



5 comments:

  1. That's awesome that the two new things you tried were so good, and those grapes are going to be amazing! Sweet sleepy Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should stick to dips and cheeses as my splurges!!!
      I can't wait for the grapes. I remember last year they were so good and sweet!!!

      Delete
  2. Yay for Trader Joe's! I wish I had seen this before I went today, I would have grabbed the ranch dip! I saw it and picked it up but then put it back because I didn't know how I'd use it. A baked potato is genius! I'll have to grab it next time! Aww hi sweet Joan!! Yay for the grapes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had success with the cream cheese and the dip! I, for one, am a huge fan of dill. If I am making something with dill I always put in heaps more than the recipe calls for. All the fill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or all the dill, even. FILL ME UP WITH DILL!

      Delete