Thursday, September 5, 2019

Wednesday Things

Although it's still int he nineties and some days over one hundred degrees here in SLC, the mornings are finally a little cooler. I used to feel sad when summer came to an end, but since living in SLC summer is a whole different beast and I'm relieved.
I walked to Winco for a few bulk items and saw this beautiful rose. It smelled so gorgeous I just wanted to be like a dog and roll around on it!
I've seen these at Winco a few times and never would have thought they're vegan. But they are, look it says it right on front! Interestingly they have a sweet Maui onion flavor that I would assume is vegan and it has milk in it!!??
They're pretty good. They aren't super greasy. I wouldn't say they're bursting with sour cream and onion flavor, but they still have a nice mild onion-y flavor, and honestly its nice to see something vegan that isn't a million dollars.
I made some gluten free brownies!! Honestly they're super, duper rich and my stomach hurts a little. I tried a different recipe earlier in the week and the brownies were a total fail, so it was nice to redeem myself!
I decided to make some "eggy" fried rice for dinner. I scrambled some just egg, then fried my rice, tofu and veggies and added the "eggs" back into the rice. Delicious!! With the addition of the scrambled just egg it looked like fried rice from a restaurant!
Here's Bubba taking over Roxy's favorite arm of the couch. She likes it because every time I walk by she gets pets, and he likes it because he can keep an eye on everything. Including where his stalker Kiki is. It's so funny that he's been a tough alley cat his whole life, and now he's getting pushed around by Kiki!! It's also very adorable how much he loves treats!! Like he really, really loves them and I have to admit I probably give him too many but it's just so cute!!





9 comments:

  1. Aw Bubba!! I love how well he's coming along indoors! I wish we had a Winco yet because I soooo miss Funyuns! I'd love to try those. And great use of Just Egg! You get so little in bottle that I haven't bought it again, but that would be a nice way to enjoy it and stretch it a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found some Just Egg for fifty cents a bottle so I've been having some fun. Otherwise it's way too expensive!!! But so far my favorite way has been in the fried rice!!
      Bubba loves the indoor life!!

      Delete
  2. May I be president of the Bubba Fan Club?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!! Your first job is to debate the president of his enemy club, Kiki!

      Delete
  3. Now I might actually want to try Just Egg! Fried rice with "egg" sounds so good. I could make tamagoyaki, too, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good. So far it's been my favorite way to use it. Yes, I do believe you would be able to make tamagoyaki. You must be really patient and talented to make that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for brownies, and your "eggy" fried rice sounds amazing! Bubba looks so cute on his little perch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's such a cutie on his little perch!
    We are 7 days into spring here but it may as well be summer, we have had a few 34dC days! At least it is meant to be a little cooler for the next week or so. Seriously, summer is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THe eggy fried rice sounds seriously amazing and I want it!! I hope I can find Just Egg on sale because I'm so curious about it now. Hooray for gluten free baking wins!! A rich, decadent brownie sounds awesome right now ;)

    ReplyDelete