Thursday, September 12, 2019

Sprouts and Trader Joe's Haul!

I finally  made it to get groceries! I've needed to go for a few days, but I kept putting it off for some reason. Sprouts had a lot of BOGO sales, so I scored some deals, along with their usual amazing produce prices!
Seaweed snacks, yogi tea, rice noodles, kombucha, taquitos, brown gravy
These were my BOGO purchases, except for the gravy and seaweed. I love those taquitos so much, but I very, very rarely have them because they are expensive. I won't be eating them anytime soon, but future me will have a lazy night and be very happy with present day me.
Oranges, purple yams, celery, red pepper,avocados, nectarines, red pears, green grapes, garam masala
Salsa, black beans, coconut oil, coconut milk, peanut butter, lemons, russet potatoes, frozen roasted corn, tofu, butter lettuce, green onion, vegan ranch dip, soy creamer

I don't think people who live in the blue zones eat vegan ranch dip from Trader Joe's, but I love it so much and the ingredients aren't horrible so I went for it!! Life is all about balance!
So my diet isn't really changing all that much. I am cutting out my nightly popsicles and swapping them for grapes or other fruit if I need dessert. I know, so boring. But the truth is when I was experimenting with vegan keto and cut out sugar, I did notice a difference. When I eat too much sugar it actually makes me feel kind of hungover the next day.
The stompy handyman came over yesterday to fix a light and put new grout in my bathtub. He was here for like four hours and guys, he just leaves such a mess it causes me major anxiety. He leaves tools and cleaning stuff and tons of DIRT!! Anyway, of course everyone hid, except for Afro. She is the bravest and most curious. I had to eventually put her in my room because she was snoopervising a bit too much!!

12 comments:

  1. Your groceries are so colorful and pretty! Taquitos are such a lovely present to get future you.

    Sometimes small changes can be huge. Good luck with your new desserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to be so happy with myself someday!!
      I'm going for small changes that hopefully aren't overwhelming and will be easy to stick to!
      So far fruit is pretty okay for dessert. I definitely feel better!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you feel better! Fruit is yummy. There are definitely worse things to do for one's health.

      Delete
    3. By which I mean more challenging things, not that fruit is bad for you. If you've seen what I eat you know I eat a lot of fruit!

      Delete
  2. Great hauls and hooray for BOGO deals! I think future you will be very happy with present you. It's always nice to find your favorite things on sale and to splurge. Hooray! I need to try that ranch dip from Trader Joe's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think future me will be very happy with me too!! Those taquitos are so good, and I suck at making them myself!
      The ranch dip is so good, especially if you like dill. That's what I love most about it!!

      Delete
  3. Brave Afro! Sounds like she is braver than me.
    Those are some awesome BOGO deals! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is braver than me too!! I hide with everyone else!!! I'm more like Joan, who after he leaves comes out suspiciously and slinks and has to smell everything. That's me!!!

      Delete
  4. Awesome hauls -- those purple yams sound fun! Grapes are a great dessert; I had red grapes (and some chocolate) for a snack last night! Afro is such a brave snoopervisor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of Afro made me laugh so much! Loving the BOGOF deals Yogi tea! I've been trying to snack on fruit instead of sweet treats at work. It's hard because we have a snack table and my team is well educated on vegan cookies so there is always temptation, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found the Starlight line is a bit hit and miss for me. The first time I tried something I enjoyed it and the last time I tried something I didn't. It won't stop me from trying additional new-to-me offerings - teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was at Trader Joe's today and I was thinking reallly hard if I wanted to get that vegan ranch. I decided not to, but I think I will next time.

    ReplyDelete