Monday, September 16, 2019

Some Dang Good Foods!

Sprouts had a seventy two hour sale Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I went on Saturday to get a few things. I can't pass up five pounds of cuties for $1.98!! They also have their store brand booch on sale so I picked up a pear pineapple. And I had to get hatch green chili and lime chips because they were on sale and that just sounds so good!!! I also picked up some tofu and sweet potatoes from Trader Joe's. Maybe I'll make some sweet potato queso for the chips!!
Smith's has been offering more and more plant meats! They have deli slices similar to tofurky, and now they have these sausages which look like tofurky or field roast. They're a few cents cheaper and look pretty dang tasty!
I made this Thai green curry the other night with tofu, green onion, cilantro and purple yam. The purple yam bled a bit into the curry and made it a kind of weird greenish lavender color, but it still tasted great! I'm still not a yam or sweet potato lover, but yams worked well in this dish.
Yesterday I made this delicious juice with carrot, sweet potato and orange. I think I'm going to juice a lot of the orange sweet potatoes I bought. I swear they have a very sweet flavor when juiced. And I swear I could almost taste some cinnamon. I know I was imagining it, but this juice kind of reminded me of the holidays!
Last night I made my dream come true. I made ranch mashed potatoes!!! I highly, highly recommend using the vegan ranch dip as the "milk" in mashed potatoes!! Since the ranch dip is super dill heavy, it works so well!!! Enjoyed with vegan gravy and lentils!
It's still pretty warm here in SLC, but the temps have been dropping a bit, so the cuddle piles are slowly returning.
Happy Monday!






4 comments:

  1. What great deals! And that new line looks interesting! I wish I had more of that TJ's Ranch Dip, too! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranch mashed potatoes sound awesome!
    I have enjoyed sweet potatoes in juices and smoothie, they add a nice sweet earthiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ranch potatoes! What a great tip!

    You always do seem to find great deals on your groceries. I hope you enjoy them! I avoid buying things like cuties because I can't get through them fast enough but juicing would definitely solve that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curry dish looks so good, and ranch mashed potatoes sound perfect -- I'll have to try that sometime!
    Yay for cuddle piles!

    ReplyDelete