Saturday, July 26, 2014

Stinging Gratitude

So two weeks ago one of my coworkers was complaining of a month long migraine, and also she is experiencing very long painful periods, and she is in the beginning stages of menopause. I asked her if she had ever heard of drinking stinging nettle tea, and the answer was no, so I told her some of the amazing benefits of nettles, and that for me personally it has really made a difference in my menstrual cycle. She seems doubtful, but I told her I would bring her some to try. She had been taking massive amounts of Excedrin, Tylenol, and even some kind of prescription medicine. Nothing was working.
Last week I brought her in a bag of nettles, and she tried some on Wednesday, and she told me that she hasn't had a migraine since, and her cycle has finally ended after a month!!!! I could see the look of shock on her face, and honestly I'm kind of shocked too! She is not usually very open when I talk about my natural remedies, and this was pretty cool that she was even willing to try it, and I really couldn't be happier that it worked! She has already told a few of her friends who are having similar menstrual issues, and if it works for them, they will tell a few of their friends, and on and on. It was nice to be a part of something positive, and also help someone find a healthier option. And as ashamed as I am to admit this, it feels nice to have been right, and maybe my coworker will be open to more natural options in the future.
I am far from being a doctor, so please do you're own research, but I cannot say enough good things about drinking nettle tea. I always drink it in iced tea form, sometime I mix it with other teas, sometimes alone either way it is so refreshing and delicious,  and the health benefits are pretty amazing, and the best part is if you can find them in bulk, they are so inexpensive. The last time I bought nettles, I paid eighty eight cents for a bag that I'm still using, and that was three weeks ago, and I drink nettles every day. I now forgive nettles for all the torture throughout the years! Ha Ha.
Now onto gratitude. I'm going to list six things today, three for today, three for yesterday. 1) I'm grateful for animals, who never ever cease to amaze me, and uplift me every single day of my life. 2) I'm grateful for the still silence of early morning. 3) I'm grateful that my body is still holding up after some of the stunts I've pulled on it. 4) I'm grateful for how far vegan cheese has come! 5) I'm grateful for the birds that are always singing and free cat entertainment. 6) I'm grateful to anyone who reads this blog, as I know it still needs a lot of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment