Monday, July 21, 2014

Because I Want to be HAPPY!

Staying positive throughout the day can be a real challenge. I find so many times I wake up in a good mood and I do everything in my power to start my day on the right foot, and then as my day progresses, I let outside influences take over, and before I know it I come home feeling like a completely different person, and not in a good way. There are so many books, articles, blogs, and vlogs  to help find happiness, and how to make positive changes, and I think overall most people want to be happy, and a natural side effect of happiness is a positive attitude. But for me the never ending battle is how to not let the negative people of the world bring you down. And avoiding these people is just not always an option. If we could all just avoid toxic people no one would really be struggling.
One thing I have learned for sure is taking the best care possible of yourself is the most important part of remaining positive. On days where I haven't taken the best care of myself, I notice it's way easier to get sucked in the toxic dump. And it's also easier to get pulled into their negative ways of handling life. It's the "if you can't beat em, join em" theory. So I have certain things I do in my morning routine that I don't let myself stray from, and they make me feel stronger to defend myself against the world.
I always make myself workout in the morning. I don't feel strong when I don't workout, and if I don't do it in the morning, I find it can be super easy to blow you're workout off. I also make sure I have time to have a few cups of tea, and read a few of my favorite vegan blogs. And of course breakfast. I have noticed that since I've been doing the raw till 4 that starting my day with fresh fruit has been really making me feel good. I feel like fruit is happy food. Maybe it's the fructose going to my brain! While doing these things in the morning is no guarantee of all day positivity, I find that it does make it easier to defend myself.  I also find the early mornings to be very peaceful, and I feed off of that peace.
I read a little factoid yesterday that said you can "rewire" your brain to be happy by recalling three things your grateful for every day for twenty- one days. So I am starting that challenge today. Since I am so miserable in this city I live in, I think it's a great challenge because I need to be reminded that I have much to be grateful for, and I need to keep fighting so all animals can sit back and count their blessings too.
Today I am grateful that I have a roof over my head, I am glad that I have food in my refrigerator, and I am grateful that I have fur friends who are always ready to cheer me up when I come home!
So from today until August tenth, I will document three things I am grateful for, in the name of eternal happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment