Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Simple Meals with Chicpeas

Chickpea pancakes are one of my favorite things to have for breakfast. They're so easy to make, taste great and are full of protein so they really stick with you! I like to douse mine with green dragon sauce and top with avocado. They're also great with sauteed veggies if you're fancy, which I usually am not. Ten out of ten I recommend this breakfast!!
I recently discovered a little corner in Sprouts where they put all their clearance items. Clearance corner!! I've found some great things there, including this seasoning blend. It has parsley, salt, garlic and onion, It was $.99 so I figured it was worth a try. I always think potatoes when it comes to seasonings that seem to be made more for meat.
I cubed some potatoes, drizzled them with a little oil and lots of this seasoning. They smelled soooooo good while they were roasting!! I then topped the potatoes with some Buffalo chickpeas and some FYH blue cheese dressing. This is one of my favorite things to eat, whether the chickpeas are stuffed in a baked potato, or over roasted potatoes like this. Creamy, mild potatoes balance the tangy heat from the chickpeas. It's just as enjoyable without the blue cheese too!!



1 comment:

  1. Chickpeas are so great. I used to think I couldn't eat them, I would get awful indigestion and gas after trying But it was just because the brand of chickpeas I was getting was awful and woody and not cooked very well. Now we have a variety of brands, so I can get ones that are nice and soft and suit my tummy. Thank goodness, because I love them now!

    ReplyDelete