Thursday, December 12, 2019

Hits and One Miss!

I found these on sale when I was really, really hungry. I've had veggie burgers from this company and they weren't my favorite. Pretty dry and crumbly. But these little bites are not dry, and they have such a great savory flavor. Probably because they have both portobello and shitake mushrooms.
I enjoyed these with thick cut oven fries and yellow mustard for dipping. They'd be really great in a sandwich or wrap.
I found these parsnip chips at Big Lots awhile ago. I like parsnips, and I like those root vegetable chips that have parsnips, but man when I opened this bag the smell was so weird it was a turn off before i even tried one. They were barely okay. I had some in hummus which really helped, and I really had to force myself to finish them which is not how we should feel about snacks!
I found this Szechuan sauce awhile ago and finally tried it the other night. I baked some tofu and then just tossed it around in the sauce. I also toasted some sesame seeds to throw on top, which was a nice touch if I do say so myself! This sauce is really, really spicy. I love spice, and this was just on the edge of being too much for me!! I feel like I need to make some cauliflower wings to toss in this sauce!!
And finally I recently found this at Winco for under three dollars! You know I had to try it! Cherry Garcia was one of my favorite Ben and Jerry's flavors and the vegan version does not disappoint. It tastes just like I remember!! My favorite part is the cherry chunks. Ten out of Ten!




3 comments:

  1. Terra Chips might be more to your liking. They are made with real, non-GMO vegetables for a snack that's vegan and gluten-free. You'll have to fight yourself from finishing the entire bag once open. They're that good, and one of the healthier chip options out there. :)

    http://www.terrachips.com/chips/product/mediterranean/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those parsnip chips sound not good at all. I am glad the other stuff was much better. The mushroom bites sound really good.
    I have had the Cherry Garcia B&J vegan ice cream, and it is very nice. I love chocolate and cherry as a combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about those chips! How unpleasant. But the thick-cut fries look good (I'm in love with potatoes!) and that's a great price for Ben & Jerry's!

    ReplyDelete