Sunday, December 22, 2019

Haul on Top of Haul!

I have a couple of hauls today. One is just my weekly grocery haul, and one is a surprise package haul!!
I got a package Friday morning, very early and I had to leave for something, and the surprise was killing me so bad!!! I could barely wait to get home. I've always been really, really terrible with surprises, both keeping them and waiting to find out. The package was from Blake and it was such a nice surprise! This time of year puts me in a pretty funky place emotionally speaking, so it was nice to feel childlike anticipation!
Seriously, I can't wait to make everything in The Vegan Asian Kitchen cookbook! You know me well Blake, I would say Asian cuisine is my favorite cuisine!
And all these spice blends!! I'm so excited! I remember wanting to make a recipe with peri peri seasoning awhile ago, and couldn't find it anywhere, now I just have to remember what I wanted to make!!!
There was also a Trader Joe's gift card and like surprises, things like gift cards totally excite me, and burn a hole in my pocket as I've been told my whole life, so I braved Trader Joe's the Saturday before Christmas!! It was bad, but not as bad as I expected to be honest! It was way worse around Thanksgiving.

Tomato paste, mushroom umami seasoning,peanut butter, seaweed snacks,sun dried tomatoes, edamame, tofu,chili onion crunch,lime, water kefir


Eggplant hummus, fizzy water, carrots, chocolate peppermint creamer, garbanzo beans, green dragon sauce, tahini, sesame crunch salad,cannelinni beans,romaine, lemons, cashew butter, stuffed grape leaves, gingerbread candle
I also had a coupon for Sprouts, so I went there for some stuff too. A lot of great deals on produce, as usual!
Apples, rasberries, vitamin C packets,ginger, peppermint vanilla candle, red and yellow onion, method all purpose cleaner, blueberries, cutie mandarins, jalapeno crackers/chips, Ataulfo mangoes, teecino, Bubbies spicy sauerkraut, mango fizzy water,raspberry oranges, vanilla protein powder, sweet potato, celery
Honestly, I think the raspberry oranges are probably blood oranges just with all new "branding" but I love blood oranges so I'm fine either way!
Look what popped up at Sprouts!! Amy's seems to have veganized a few of their vegetarian classics!! The new vegan chili mac is also gluten free so woot!  And the vegan meals are pretty stand out with the bright green packaging.
This was truly a holiday miracle!! Bubba has been slowly getting bolder in his napping spots. He knows the pink sweater is THE SPOT so he tries to get it, but Etta and Kiki almost always claim it. I'm shocked Kiki allowed this. Like he's almost cuddling Etta! Things are far from perfect, awhile after this picture was taken, Kiki went on the attack again. Progress not perfection!


4 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise and such great hauls! I'll have to keep an eye out for the new veganized Amy's meals.
    And, oh, what a sweet picture; I am so happy for Bubba that he was bold enough to join in the cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey, Hillary. Glad you liked the gifts. I hope you realize there was a jar of black sesame seeds inside the bubble wrap! [I don't see it in your pic] Honestly surprised you ventured out to TJs, too! Figured you'd save that card for 2020.

    I'm so glad to see Bubba cuddling in with the group. I love those beat up old stray toms (with their mangled ears and sour faces). I've had several over the years that have stolen away pieces of my heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG OMG, look at Bubba! Such respectful snuggling, but he is making himself part of things. What a glorious development!
    That surprise package is also amazing! I also have Asian Vegan Kitchen, but have been slack in making things with it. So I can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about those new vegan offerings from Amy's! And what fun to get surprise packages!

    ReplyDelete