Thursday, December 5, 2019

Booch and Potatoes!

Look at my homemade booch go! She's fermenting all on her own, like a big girl! Ha! Today is the ninth day fermenting, so today I'm going to start the second fermentation with some juice. So, that means in the next few days I will have my first batch of homemade kombucha!!
Speaking of kombucha, this is one of my favorites!! I love all humm flavors, but the hopped grapefruit is my all time favorite!
Last night I made mashed potatoes and gravy. One of my favorite comfort meals! I had a couple of slices of the whole foods brand cheddar left, and I just wanted to use it up, so I stirred in some horseradish and melted the cheese in the potatoes for horseradish cheddar mashed potatoes!! Really, really delicious!!
I know I've shown it a million times, but here's a million and one! This is my favorite vegan gravy. Since it's holiday time and gravy goes with lots of holiday food, I figured I'd share again. I know I'm not the only gravy challenged person out there! This has a rich flavor and definitely doesn't taste like it came from a packet!




2 comments:

  1. Cheddar and horseradish mashed potatoes sounds AMAZING!!! I definitely need to try that.
    What does hopped grapefruit mean? How is it different from grapefruit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your homemade kombucha! Your mashed potatoes and gravy look so good! How fun to add horseradish and cheddar!

    ReplyDelete