Thursday, February 4, 2021

Yays and Nays!

 I've tried a few new to me foods recently, and figured why not share my opinion! I have a few hits and two misses.  Let's get the misses out of the way first!

This soda has been all over social media. Everyone seems to love it. I've seen nothing but glowing reviews. This soda is sweetened with cassava syrup(??) and of course stevia. One review I saw talked of how cloyingly sweet regular soda is, and how this is not that way. I strongly disagree with that opinion. This was so cloyingly sweet, but in that weird stevia way that I could only have three or four sips before tossing it. They have other flavors, but they're all sweetened with stevia, so it's a big no from me dawg.



I always see this TCHO chocolate, but most flavors aren't vegan, and it's expensive! I found this flavor on sale for three dollars and had to treat myself. Except it was hardly a treat. It tastes stale, like maybe the banana chips are stale? Not exactly sure, but not what I was hoping for. Hard Pass.


Now for the good! Trader Joe's recently came out with this vegan cheesecake, or should I say cakes. Each box comes with two perfect individual cakes. They're sweet and creamy, and I love the crust. It's not quite as tart as daiya's, but I didn't mind. This is a huge yes and I will definitely buy again!

Found at Trader Joe's. This is unflavored, which sometimes is nice although I have gotten spoiled by flavored creamers. This is nice and rich, makes coffee and tea creamy and you don't have to use a ton. I will definitely buy again!

These are the crackers of my dreams! They're big and thick, you can really load them up with toppings, or scoop up soup and they don't fall apart. They have a little spice, but nothing that would blow your face off. I will definitely buy these again!


I've been LOVING Dave's killer hamburger buns. I was scared they were going to be really dense and taste really healthy kind of like an Ezekiel bun. But somehow they are as light and fluffy as a white bun! Ten out of ten recommend. And bonus, even though they are more expensive than a regular white hamburger bun, they're still a million times cheaper than any gluten free bun!



5 comments:

  1. Dave's makes the best breads. Never tried the buns, but I'm sure they're great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing about the unflavored creamers--especially the unsweetened ones--is that you can use them to substitute for half and half or cream in a lot of recipes. I'm sorry you had some bad things, but it also sounds like you had some GREAT ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (: excellent reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for some good finds! Disappointing about the others. Strawberry vanilla sounds like such a lovely flavour, but stevia is gross so I understand why you wouldn't like it. Stevia really does have such an aftertaste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cheesecakes sound lovely!

    ReplyDelete