Monday, February 17, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

Yesterday was a half rain half snow kind of day, I had the day off and the ingredients to try a second round of cookies! I'm trying to recreate the Simple Mills almond flour chocolate chip cookie mix I got on clearance a few weeks ago. I decided to get funky and add some peanut butter to the mix this time! They turned out pretty dang tasty if I do say so myself!
These were almost perfect. The only issue is timing. I left them in the oven for about a minute or two too long and as they cooled they got a little more crumbly than I wanted. Hopefully soon I will be able to share a recipe!
I've been adding about one fourth of a teaspoon of turmeric powder to my matcha lattes. You can't really taste it, and I figure any way to get some extra turmeric in is good, especially in the winter.
Hoisin tofu with rice, butter lettuce and spicy peanut sauce
Black bean rice noodles with tofu and cucumbers

I treated myself! This is only five dollars at Winco, and this bottle will last me for a very long time.Now, instead of buying the more expensive flavored creamers, I can just buy the soy or coconut creamer from Trader Joe's which are only like $1.19. I have been paying attention budget moms of YouTube!!


13 comments:

  1. Black bean rice noodles? Never seen those, but they look delicious!

    Could you please suggest the best vegan butter and cheese to make an old-fashioned stove-top grilled cheese sandwich. Also is there a good vegan bread for the grilled cheese sandwich that you could recommend as well. Thanks for any suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really use butter, but something I learned years ago from Rachel Ray is mayo for grilled cheese! I just spread a thin layer of veganaise instead of butter and it works like a dream!
      I like Chao cheese for grilled cheese, but Violife is great too. We've come so far with vegan cheese I think most of them work pretty well!
      I'm gluten free so bread is an iffy thing for me. Gluten free bread is expensive so I don't have it that often. But before I was gluten free, I liked grilled cheese on sourdough or wheat!

      Delete
    2. I love the veganaise tip and never would have thought of that as a butter substitute.:) Thanks for some great ideas!

      Delete
    3. I hope you find a vegan cheese you love for grilled cheese!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, your tofu bowls look amazing! And that's a great tip on the turmeric in your matcha latte. Gonna have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turmeric in matcha latte sounds amazing!
    And yay for cookie progress. I think adding peanut butter to anything is always a plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, peanut butter makes anything better! I'm so close to the perfect cookie!!

      Delete
  4. That Hoisin tofu looks amazing! I'm beginning to really appreciate almond flour. I don't fully know how to predict how it will behave yet, but I love it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think almond flour is my favorite gluten free flour. I need to use it outside of cookies and see what I can make!

      Delete
  5. Peanut butter is so good in cookies, and your hoisin tofu bowl looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to buy the flavored syrups from Homegoods, because they were a great way to add JUUUUST a little more sweetness to my smoothies. I usually do a banana, spinach, and usually a cocoa flavor, the caramel/chocolate type of flavors are good. But I would only add like a tsp so it would last for sooooo long lol

    ReplyDelete