Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Some Things I Love

A few weeks ago Target had a sale on Pacifica items. I love Pacifica for so many reasons, the first being they are an all vegan and cruelty free company! I love not having to read labels and figure out what certain ingredients are. And I love that they use natural ingredients that make sense, and that you've heard of. I love their perfumes too, I've never come across one I don't love!
Anyway, back to Target and the sale. So Target had Pacifica stuff on sale, and I picked up this mask. I love a good face mask so much, and this one doesn't disappoint. My face feels very clean and glow-y after I use it.
I don't own a microwave, and I cannot make popcorn on the stove top. I have tried over a million times with thousands of different stoves and pots and I just can't do it. So, when I crave popcorn I have to buy it. This is my favorite bagged popcorn. It tastes really fresh, and the coconut oil gives it that buttery taste. And they use the perfect amount of salt.
Last night I made one of my favorite quick and tasty meals. Sesame noodles with hoisin tofu. I also added some slice sweet peppers for color and some extra veggies. The sesame noodles are from The Asian Vegan Kitchen cookbook. My favorite recipe for sesame noodles. Better than any restaurant sesame noodles too.
Joan got a little sloppy with her hiding spot yesterday! Usually she just lets a little of her toe stick out, but here she went almost full leg plus tail!




5 comments:

  1. I love that little peeky foot and tail!

    The idea of making popcorn on the stove seems terrifying to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so scary and splattery and just not worth it, especially when it doesn't even turn out in the end!

      Delete
  2. I used to make popcorn on a stove, but I think it only really works with a gas stove, and it's a noisy process--you have to shake your pan vigorously throughout. I kind of know by how it feels (i.e., how much things are moving inside) whether it's done. These days I generally just skip popcorn. This is obviously not the best solution! But I used to use this particular cheese powder on it and that's out of my life now that I'm vegan. I really should get back into popcorn and find an alternative to that cheesy powder, but mostly these days I only eat it at the movies (many theaters have vegan popcorn, thank goodness--it usually isn't actually butter).

    Sesame noodles are easy for me to forget but I don't know why I forget because I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've only ever had one apartment with a gas stove, and I don't think I ever tried to make popcorn on it.
    It is so funny that most buttery movie theater popcorn is accidentally vegan!! I love it, especially with lots of salt!
    I had forgotten about sesame noodles myself, and now I can't stop eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So surprised that your apartment doesn't provide a microwave. Kind-of standard. I remember spending half a year without one in college because all 4 of the dormmates didn't bring one because we didn't want to be stuck with two microwaves lol

    ReplyDelete