Saturday, February 22, 2020

Small Haul and More!

Spotted yesterday at Smith's! Vegan sour cream and French onion dip!!!They also have Simple Truth vegan cream cheese, but I forgot to take a picture. Both the dip and the sour cream are under three dollars, so definitely a bit cheaper than other brands.
Carrots, potatoes,oranges,Epsom salt,Chai tea, celery, gluten free bread, tempeh, bulk rice and chickpeas,lemons, bath fizzies,Amy's chili,pink lady apples, Annie's gluten free mac and cheese, soy creamer, avocado,chili onion crunch, vitamin c packets

My little multi store haul. Sprouts, Trader Joe's and Smith's. I got most of my stuff at Sprouts, with just a few random things at Trader Joe's and Smith's.
Every time I try a boxed mac and cheese I'm disappointed. The daiya is just way to daiya for me to handle, and the last few I've tried have been super healthy tasting, and not in a good way. Several people have suggested Annie's. Sprouts is the only store I've seen the gluten free version, and they just happened to have the Annie's mac on a BOGO sale!! I hope I like it!
The other night I was watching Netflix in bed and Joan was watching right along with me!!! She was very much paying attention, and it wasn't even a birds for cats video!


5 comments:

  1. I hope you like Annie's too! Daiya is like Velveeta shells and cheese and I think Annie's is more like the Kraft boxed macaroni and cheese dinner. I loved the one that didn't call itself cheese--the macaroni in a creamy vegan sauce that came with shells--but now I can't find it anywhere. That one is good, too, but it's more cheddar-like. If the reason you didn't like Daiya was texture, then Annie's will be great; if the reason was the cheddar-ness, it may not be your favorite. I'll stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! I don't like daiya because it has that intense fake daiya flavor. The Alfredo is more tolerable than the cheddar, but honestly I'll skip them both!
      But the Annie's was definitely cheddar-y, but not super fake. I will definitely buy this again!

      Delete
  2. I hope you like the Annie's! I think I tried it many years ago in the US, but I have no memory of what it was like and I might be confusing it with another brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't think I would like it! I was actually beating myself up for even buying it, but I really, really liked it!!

      Delete
  3. That's so awesome that Annie's came out with a gluten free vegan mac, and I'm so glad you liked it, hooray!

    ReplyDelete