Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Chickpeas, Cookies and Brooms?

Sunday night I made "The Stew" It's a delicious chickpea stew spiced with ginger and turmeric and simmered with full fat coconut milk, I added a leftover cubed potato and some leftover tofu too. It's a recipe from the New York Times, and I guess it became so famous that if you Google the stew, this is the first result! I definitely understand why, it's warming and comforting and nourishing! The New York Times only lets you see the recipe one time before they want you to pay for a subscription, but I found someone who made the dish and reprinted the recipe. Here is the recipe, I think everyone should try it!
I sauteed some onion, mushroom and spinach so I can add some to my chickpea pancakes for my first meal. I'm treating myself like a kid, and trying to sneak more veggies in!
I soaked and cooked dried chickpeas for the stew and had some leftover, so last night I made chickpea noodle soup and some gluten free grilled cheese with daiya havarti jalapeno block. Hug in a meal!
Remember that almond flour chocolate chip cookie mix I got on clearance from Sprouts? I've been dreaming of those cookies, and so upset with myself for not buying more than two boxes!! I kept the ingredient list from the box and I'm working on recreating those gems. This was my first go, the taste is on point but the texture is a little off. They're somehow both crumbly and moist. Gluten free baking is weird! Once I have mastered these I will definitely share the recipe!
I saw that the broom challenge was trending on Twitter yesterday, and like a dork tried it and was blown away! Twitter said Nasa said Monday was the only day this could happen due to the earth's gravitational pull. Well, I guess a broom can stand on it's own any day due to the broom's gravitational pull. How have I used a broom my whole life and not known this could happen?






7 comments:

  1. New York Times Recipes drive me nuts! I get why they have the pay wall, but it can be such a pain, especially since I don't make a recipe from the first time reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they had a paywall, so the first time I looked at it I did make it, but I didn't write it down, and I loved it so much!! Very frustrating!

      Delete
  2. That stew looks soooo good!! Thanks for the link (without the paywall!), and man, that grilled cheese looks FIRE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend the stew enough. It would be great for a potluck!
      The grilled cheese was so good, I love the daiya farmers blocks!

      Delete
  3. I still trick myself into eating veggies all the time! Good for you to eat so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I obviously missed out on something because everyone is doing stuff with brooms and it is making the kind of sense that is not. Off to Google I go!

    You are very clever making your own version of those cookies!

    ReplyDelete