Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Fun with Soy Curls!

I saw this new to me flavor of kombucha and I had to try it. Now that I'm brewing my own booch, I like to taste interesting new flavors to see if I want to recreate!
This was really tasty, very refreshing. Not too sweet, but definitely fruity! I've never actually had passion fruit, but it tasted dang good and I could definitely taste the tangerine.
The other night I made baked potatoes stuffed with buffalo soy curls topped with FYH blue cheese. And a little iceberg salad with the same dressing. I think crisp iceberg is the absolute best lettuce with blue cheese!
Last night I made peanut stew with potato, chickpeas and soy curls. I love this stew so much. It uses simple spices so the ginger and the peanut flavor really stand out. I used this recipe. I added a little turmeric because why not, and I also left out the collard greens because I forgot to get some! I love this stew so much, and I love how flexible it is. You can pretty much throw in whatever you have around!
Cookies and Cream is one of my least favorite flavors of ice cream, always has been, but this Nada Moo cookies and cream is the exception. Their vanilla ice cream tastes so real and vanilla-y.
This is one of the reasons Nada Moo is really my favorite vegan ice cream! Plus they have so many fun flavors!




6 comments:

  1. Those baked potatoes look amazing!
    I love the flavour of passionfruit, not such a fan of all the gritty pips in the actual fruit though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had the actual fruit. I don't understand how to eat them, and those pips scare me. Plus, when I see them at a grocery, they're always really expensive!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for soy curls! The ice cream sounds lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too. It's really refreshing!!!

    ReplyDelete