Thursday, November 26, 2015

Love

To everyone who celebrates the holiday today, Happy Thanksliving, and to everyone who doesn't for whatever reason, Happy Thursday! I am of the non observing group, but I am going to use today to reflect on everything I have to be grateful for.
I made a delicious Tabbouleh salad and I used whole wheat cous cous in place of bulgur wheat (I had none, and didn't feel like going on a search mission) I also added fresh mint in addition to parsley, which I believe is traditional.  It was bursting with freshness from the lemon, and the herbs. I'm going to have the leftovers wrapped in a Lavash bread with some of my latest obsession, garlic tahini sauce.
I really should have written down how much of everything I used, because this was the best Tabouleh salad I've made! I also didn't add tomatoes because I don't care for out of season tomatoes. I've tried using cherry tomatoes in the past, but even if you cut them in half, they are bigger than everything else, and I just don't like it. So I used extra cucumber, and it was just what I was craving!
I served this for my dinner with Greek lemony potatoes, garlic tahini sauce, and pita bread. Yum.
My full plate of yum!
The potatoes are from the great book Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, and Terry Hope Romero. I have made this recipe so often that I just know it by heart.
Before I sign off, I have to mention two snacks I tried yesterday that blew my mind!

The popcorn is not greasy at all, and it has a rich savory flavor that I love. It isn't as herb-y as I thought, but instead it's just this subtle, what is it flavor. And it's got a non funky ingredient list. I'm sure the bag will be gone by today!
And I can't say enough about these icecream sandwiches! First of all, each mimi only has 90 calories! I'm not really a calorie counter, but that is pretty amazing for a treat that is so rich. Even though they're mini, it really satisfies your sweet tooth. I've had soy ice cream sandwiches, and coconut ice cream sandwiches, but the almond milk ice cream sandwiches are the clear winner. The ice cream is so creamy, and it seemed like the vanilla flavor really stood out. So delicious has more than earned their name!
I hope today is filled with love and happiness for everyone, holiday or not!


3 comments:

  1. I love Lemony Tabbouleh. I am a Thanksgiving hater here. Hate the carnage, gluttony and forced family togetherness. Great job making it a positive day for yourself. Not easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not alone in my hatred of the day. I feel sad for the whole month of November. It's hard not to hate a holiday nicknamed "turkey day". My cats and I enjoyed pretending like it was any other Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That popcorn looks/sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete