Sunday, November 1, 2015

Daiya is Showing Signs of Improvement!

I've picked The Four Agreements up again. I feel like this should be required reading. But that probably wouldn't work. Books like this need to be read when the person reading is ready to really absorb it. I think that's why I haven't read it for awhile. Since moving to Seattle, I've started to pick it up, and decided against it for one reason or another. Now, I feel ready. The candle seems appropriate to burn while reading!
When I was at the store the other day, I grabbed a bag of daiya since Dylan was out. I noticed they have a new promise on the bag.
Cheezier and stretchier? How about tasting edible cold? I noticed as I grabbed a pinch for Dylan that it had less of that kind of sour daiya smell. It smelled more cheese-like. The shreds also look a little different. They're not as soft and damp. They seem more solid. I am so sorry, I was not brave enough to taste them cold. Dylan did give me permission to use a little on the pizza I made for dinner.
This is a Trader Joe's pizza dough ball topped with pizza sauce, daiya, shredded Brussels sprouts, shredded kale, sliced white onion, and garlic. I also sprinkled on some nutritional yeast and crushed red pepper flakes. I can't say I noticed a huge difference in taste, but to be fair I had a lot of toppings and flavors going on, and I didn't use a whole lot of daiya because for my taste buds a little goes a long way. But, I noticed that the texture was a little thicker and richer. You know how daiya sometimes feels gloopy and sticks to your teeth? Well, last night I noticed less of that. This pizza was so tasty, if you've never tried Brussels on a pizza, you should. I was very pleasantly surprised at how tasty it was. Dylan still approves of daiya, so all in all I say good job to them for working to improve their product. It only helps everyone in the end, most of all the sweet cows!
Happy Sunday!



2 comments:

  1. I'm up for brussel sproutes on pizza! LOL - They are great on top of grits too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound good! I need to stock up on some grits, another one of those foods I don't eat often enough!

      Delete