Friday, November 27, 2015

Foodz and Thingz

I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksliving had an amazing time with open minded family and friends who were open to and considerate of the vegan lifestyle! Maybe some minds were opened in the slightest with some of the amazing food! Everyone has their methods for spreading the vegan message, and how to try to make the connection with non vegans, and I am a firm believer in hitting them in their taste buds! You know that antiquated saying the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? Well, instead of man, I think non vegan. I think non vegans have all kinds of crazy ideas of what vegans are like, and what vegan food is like. Anyway, I hope it was a great day for all!
I am a non traditionalist, and have never really given two hoots about the day myself, so I made another batch of Genera Tso's cauliflower! I talked about this amazing dish before, and I believe I posted the video, but here is the recipe. This is my second time making these amazing morsels. The sauce is out of this world. As I've mentioned before, cauliflower is on my DO NOT EAT list, so the fact that this is the second time I've made these, is crazy to me. Both times I've made them I've wished that I made a double batch! These could be a fun little appetizer for parties. You could put toothpicks in them, and serve extra sauce on the side for dipping.
No one would ever in a million trillion years guess this was cauliflower! I mean, I swear the most finicky eater would eat these in a second! I should have taken a close up of one of the morsels, next time I will do that. I just can't stress enough how delicious this dish is. I was definitely full of gratitude for this recipe and this meal!
If you dare venture out today, may the force be with you.I need kitty litter (!!!) and Target is the closest store to my apartment, and it's a nice walk, but I don't know if emotionally I can handle Target on black Friday! At first I figures I was safe, and I would just go at eight in the morning, right when they open, but duh, it's black Friday, and they never closed, or opened at midnight, or whatever. So, I might have to venture further out to try to avoid the crowds.
Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I loved going to the mall on Black Friday and looking at all the beautiful Christmas presents and decorations. There were some really massive malls in Virginia. Now going into a Walmart or Target on Black Friday, that I dont know about. What we do for our babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to walk the extra half mile or so to the little grocery near my house. I don't want to get trampled, because then who will scoop the poop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think some of the stores get a little less crazy in the middle of the day, but I usually use Black Friday as a laze around the house day! XD And yes, I think hitting people with their taste buds is super important! Make people realize it isn't "as bad" as what you think it would taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up waiting until Saturday to get litter. I had a laze around the house day on Friday as well! I live near a mall, and I can see the traffic leading to the mall from my apartment, and it was a lot of traffic to see on Friday!

      Delete
  4. ALWAYS gotta have stuff for dipping :) I agree!

    ReplyDelete