Friday, November 6, 2015

Cats and Eats

Chunk and Kanye, with an Afro photobomb
I wanted to say Happy Friday in the cutest way possible! My three little grey kitties blending in with the Seattle grey! Cutest spoons ever!
With all the grey, I needed a pick me up, so I added lots of ginger to my orange carrot juice.
Ginger always makes me feel energized and refreshed. I like the combination of ginger and parsley in my green juice too.
I had some potatoes that needed to be used, so I chopped them and roasted them with a little bit of coconut oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, and smoked paprika. Coconut oil is definitely my favorite for roasting potatoes. I then topped these morsels with one of my new favorite condiments.
It's like HP sauce got mixed with some cajun spices. It is tangy, garlic-y, a little spicy. It's everything. I randomly saw this somewhere, maybe Target, or the grocery close to my house, not sure but I feel like it is as essential to my pantry as sriracha. It's so good, I try to think of things to make so I can use this sauce.
For dinner I made the Cold Szechuan Noodle Salad on page 176 of Fire and Spice by Robin Robertson. You know how sometimes when you order cold sesame noodles it's a tahini/peanut butter based sauce, and other times a thinner sesame oil/soy sauce based sauce? Well, this is the second one and I love it so much! The recipe called for egg free Chinese noodles, or linguini, but in the spirit of using what you have, I used fettuccine noodles and it was just fine. I served mine with some oven baked tofu and it hit every spot.
I'm excited to try more recipes from this book. I want to cook the whole Asia chapter!
Happy Friday!



6 comments:

  1. Incredible kitty photo. Surprised they stayed like that in time for you to get a pic.

    I love Cold Sesame Noodles. Good for you to treat yourself so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They actually slept like that for awhile! If they can't have the compartment on the tree that they want, they just cram themselves in with whoever was there first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cats aren't real! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. They ge away with so much mischief because of their incredible cuteness!

      Delete
  4. Awesome eats and those kitties are WAY cute!!! So needed that today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being an almost crazy cat lady does come in handy! Gad they could provide some cheer!

      Delete