Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Gratitude

I got this picture of Chunk and Kanye looking cuddly and sweet. This was about two seconds before Kanye started tormenting Chunk by licking his fur backwards until he leaves. This is kind of her thang. One of the other kitties, Scrappy does it too. But they sure look sweet for the moment!



Delicious chocolate!
I painted my cabinet, the paint worked, and I now have deep drawers for spices and condiments, and other pantry staples. One of my cupboards has several bottles of something shoved in the back that I just can't reach, even with a make-shift hook. It will be exciting to see what they are!
Chunk had already inspected, so Kanye had to inspect the inspection. As you can see, I have a lot of critics I have to try and please. It can be daunting.
It was a fun project. I've always known that I'm a creative "type" of person, but I never really thought of myself as crafty, or anything like that. I can see that I was either wrong, or just in denial, or not tapped in. Who knows, who cares. I can say it now, I think I enjoy crafting. Or at least I enjoy making things pretty that will make my home look nice and comforting. Anyway, it's cool that I'm learning more about myself. I think all the binging and purging, followed by all the drinking might have stunted my growth in that way.
Other than the chocolate, no food pictures today. I just had leftovers for breakfast, and plain old tofu and rice with some sriracha for dinner. Just kept food simple for the day.
I want to say thank you so much for all of the encouraging words lately. They mean so much. It can be tough to want to continue on the path of making healthy choices when you feel like you have no encouragement, and no one really wants to hear about your accomplishments. I know for me that in the past I've let that negativity become an excuse to go back to my unhealthy habits. So it means the world to me to hear encouraging words.
Happy Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. Awwww! Cute Kitties! LOVE the purple cabinet, btw! Nice job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Now I want to paint everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drawers look fantastic! And just to let you know that you are inspiring me to get fitter. I went for a walk four times last week and have been exploring the area I live in more :)}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, and wow, I'm so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice color; it turned out great! I love that the kitties had to inspect it, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The drawers looks so pretty! I think having a beautiful environment REALLY effects how your feel. I mean it shouldn't stress you to have the "perfect" home but having a tidy, colorful, and well lit room makes me happy. I've met maybe ONE person who isn't "crafty," a lot of it is just practice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I agree, I always feel best after I've tidied up, and everything looks the way I like it to look. I think it's very important. It's hard to feel good when everything is a mess! I;m hoping to discover even more crafty things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job refinishing and painting! Makes it new again!

    ReplyDelete