Monday, August 18, 2014

Dr. Bronner's for the Win

If you are interested in cleaning your house with vinegar, but you still feel that you need soap, may I suggest you try Dr. Bronner's castile soap? It comes in different scents, and my favorite is rose, and also lavender. It is made with various oils, including coconut and hemp oils. The scent is all natural, and it really is so soothing, and it balances out the scent of the vinegar. I also use a vinegar, baking soda, Dr. Bronner's mix to do my laundry.
It is a great value because a little dab will do you. It is very concentrated, so you don't have to add much. I bought the smallest bottle that the co-op had, it is pretty much a travel size bottle. That was two weeks ago, and I still have over half of it left, and I use it often.
I know that most stores in my area that do sell it sell the full size bottles for around seven to nine dollars, depending on where you go. The full size bottle lasts a very long time. I'm talking six months or so, so it is definitely a great deal, much cheaper than most other eco friendly cleaners. Not to mention now that companies have caught on that there are people who don't want all the toxins, there is a lot of green washing going on, so I don't always trust the "earth friendly" cleaning section of most grocery's. Not to mention that the cost of organic and earth friendly have certainly not gone down as was promised. So for these reasons and more I make my own stuff and I love it. Dr. Bronner is a company that has been making this product since really the Eighteen Hundreds, but it became marketed and sold in 1948! So way before eco friendly, organic, non-toxic, etc. were trendy ways to make more money.
It also takes stains of the hairball variety out of carpets! There are a million ways to use it. I've used it as a body wash, you can use it to wash pets hair, human hair, it really goes on and on. If you check out the website you will be amazed.
I think we all have a responsibility to take care of the earth, but we all don't have the funds to buy all of the products out there, so this is a way to be gentle on the earth and yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment