Monday, February 19, 2018

Spicy Hoisin Glazed Cauliflower Bites

I had a head of cauliflower in my fridge that I was going to use for an experimental cauliflower mac and cheese. But I had a craving for some cauliflower bites so that's what I made! I made a batter with gluten free flour and water, baked for thirty minutes and then douse them in this spicy hoisin sauce. They turned out AMAZING! I wrote down the recipe if you can call it that for the sauce. It was really more of chucking some things together but it totally worked!

                                                            Spicy Hoisin Glaze
  • 4 T. Hoisin Sauce
  • 3 T. Tamari/ Soy sauce/ Liquid or Coconut Aminos
  • 2 T. Soyaki Sauce
  • 1 Tsp. Rice Vinegar
  • 1 Tsp. Sriracha
  • 1/4 to 1/2 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
I dipped my "wings" in the sauce and baked them for an additional twenty minutes. It's sweet and salty and a little spicy and just really, really tasty. Even though I definitely love cauliflower Alfredo, this is still my favorite way to eat cauliflower!
I caught Kanye in cuddle bug heaven yesterday! She is definitely happiest when she has someone to cuddle with, and Etta is always happy to be the one!
My coworker who became vegan and was having some issues with anemia seems to have figured it out and is doing much better. He's been eating lentils and other foods higher in iron and seems to be happy and thriving. He said his family is even starting to eat a little healthier so it seems to be contagious! I'm proud of him for seeking out food that has what he needs instead of giving up and blaming veganism for everything which is what I see so many do. I know he appreciated all of your feedback and took everything to heart! Woot Woot!


17 comments:

  1. That sauce sounds YUMMERZ!

    Is it because of a low iron count? She can try just about any dark leafy green for that, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Yes, he has definitely been eating more greens an lentils!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, craving cauliflower! It's a brave new world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check you out, cauliflower lover. ;) That sounds so yummy, though without the spicy for me. I love all things hoisin.

    That cuddle puddle looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I'll forever be surprised when I crave cauliflower after so many years of hating it!
      I love hoisin so much too!!
      It was so hard not to join the cuddles!

      Delete
  5. I was just thinking the other day about how it's been so long since I've made cauliflower wings! Your sauce sounds great! Cute cuddle buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was so good I'm going to do it again soon with mushrooms an jackfruit!

      Delete
  6. Oooh that sounds and looks amazing! And cuddle snuggles are the best! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo good! I'm going to use it again on some jackfruit an mushrooms!

      Delete
  7. Those cauliflower bites sound really impressive! And spicy! It’s so crazy the price of fresh cauliflower here keeps changing a lot- last week on sale near me for crazy cheap $2, but the week before it was $5!
    Glad your coworker is doing better with the anemia, I can’t recall if blackstrp molasses was mentioned but it’s crazy high in iron for a small amount that’s easy and tasty to add to something like oatmeal or just some hot almond milk (important it is blackstrap molasses though)
    Your kitties are so freaking adorable!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cauliflower prices do change a lot I've noticed! It was like $1.79 per head at Trader Joe's last week. I like that they don't price by the pound because that's when cauliflower can get really spicy!
      I think molasses was mentioned, but I will definitely mention that to him again, that's a great idea!
      i love them so much!

      Delete
  8. Really must try doing something like this with cauliflower. Great to hear that your co- worker is doing well and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good. And you barely know you're eating cauliflower!
      He is absolutely thriving and I'm so happy!

      Delete
  9. I'm getting drool on my keyboard! lol These look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can relate! They were so good and they tasted nothing like cauliflower! (which is why I love them so!)

      Delete