Sunday, February 4, 2018

Natural Grocers Vegan Haul

I had a coupon for five dollars off thirty dollars or more at Natural Grocers on February third, so I decided to treat myself and use it yesterday. I needed more tea and dish soap anyway!
Gardein black bean burgers(!!!) Rice and millet ramen, nag champa, coconut water with turmeric, hawthorne an hibiscus tea, green tea with lemongrass, surf sweets gummy bears, dish soap,daiya smoked Gouda cheese, lentil chips,big booch,hyrating face mask/sheet , vitamin C packets,califia cocoa noir coffee Hippeas vegan white cheddar puffs!!!
I obviously got a lot of splurge non budget friendly items. I could have done a lot better but to be honest I was too tired to look for the best deals and all of that. And I've ha a really bad week and I wanted to treat myself. When all was said and done I spent forty dollars so it's not like I went insane. I haven't seen the gardein black bean burgers anywhere in SLC. I haven't had them since I lived in Seattle! They're one of gardein's only gluten free options and they are so good! I am definitely trying to eat less processed food but at the same time sometimes something fast and easy is what I need when I get home after midnight. And these are a really delicious treat! I'm also excited to try the hippeas. I've heard mixed reviews so I'm kind of nervous. Of course the one thing I wanted to get was a kombucha starter kit. I really want to get back into brewing my own. I have at least a million bottles waiting to be filled! One of these days!
I'm glad I got the rice ramen because last night I felt really run down and didn't have any desire to cook. Like even peeling some potatoes felt like too much. So I made a miso goghujang broth, baked some tofu and had some super simple ramen!
Two people at work had pneumonia recently, and yesterday some woman came through my line with the flu. I mean there isn't enough hand sanitizer in the world for me to deal with this! So I feel a little ache-y and run down. It's frustrating when you do all you can do to keep yourself healthy and people are just all too happy to spread their germs all around.
I almost forgot to show this delicious winter edition kombucha from GT's! This was also part of my Natural Grocer's haul but I drank it while waiting for the bus. It's blood orange, hibiscus and rose. It definitely has a strong floral note, but the blood orange keeps it from being too much. I love that they do these seasonal flavors, and this is a good one!
Afro was not thrilled to have this picture taken as you can tell by her face! But she was so cute napping on the couch! Usually she's just destroying it!


6 comments:

  1. That's great that you decided to treat yourself this grocery haul! Your bowl of ramen looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you need to treat yourself! Looks like you chose well.
    I hope the ramen helped, it looks very healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good coupon! That winter booch flavor looks great, I haven’t seen it yet. And non-essential splurge items are good for mental health, you can’t always feel like you’re depriving yourself somehow. Good call on the ramen, that’s a perfect quick tasty meal
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope you feel better! Home-brewed booch is soooooo much more affordable, so if you ever get started, I'm happy to share my tips and trouble-shooting. I try to keep a batch going at all times. I love adding dried rose petals in the second ferment. And fresh strawberries! I do want to try that winter GT's though. Sounds delish! Also, that Rice Ramen is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you treated yourself a little and I hope that you enjoy all of your splurges! I'm sure it'll be nice to enjoy some old favorites. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well (why do people insist on going out and infecting everyone?!) but hopefully it won't develop into anything too bad. The soup looks incredible and perfect for when you aren't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! Hope you were able to beat the flu/colds that have been going around!

    ReplyDelete