Wednesday, February 28, 2018

New Stuff

I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and treated myself to this new reusable bag. I've been eyeing it for awhile, and several of my reusable bags are almost unusable. I have put them through it over the years! It has long enough handles to carry on your shoulder which is important especially when you're a pedestrian.
Trader Joe's was again busier than I expected so it wasn't fun to shop and I feel like I forgot a lot of things. I know I say it every week and I apologize but now that I work in a grocery I almost hate grocery shopping. Every rude person triggers me because it's what I deal with at work. I now understand people who order their groceries online and either have them delivered or they just run and pick them up.
Lemons,bananas,tomato paste,onion,frozen strawberries,kale,little oranges,Brussels sprouts,Jasmine tea,coconut milk,green onions,carrots,chocolate chips, brown rice spaghetti,tofu

I realized that I haven't had Brussels sprouts all year! I used to eat them all the time and I just don't know why I stopped.  I'm going to use these two ways, one on a pizza and one with some pasta. I also got kale instead of spinach because it was actually fifty cents cheaper than spinach and also the last few times I've gotten spinach the leaves started to get funky before I could use it all, and I use it every day. So kale will be my greens for smoothies this week!
Bus Stop Life
I got these two things at Natural Grocers. I went in for Epsom salt and Nag Champa, and they had neither.  I haven't had my beloved forager yogurt since the new year because I'm trying to live a less waste life. But this is a new to me flavor and I just had to try it. It was my work snack last night. Like all their yogurts I absolutely LOVE IT! It is creamy and has little shreds of coconut. Yum. Highly recommend!
I hope my hauls aren't super boring. Actually I'm sure they are, I tend to buy the same things and also I'm on a tight budget so not a lot of fun and exciting vegan stuff. But I love haul posts and also haul videos on YouTube. At least I plan on making some fun things!

It's as if they know there's strength in numbers they all take turns on the table looking at me defiantly! Yesterday it was Etta's turn to guard the table!

12 comments:

  1. So much majestic floof!!
    I always like seeing your grocery shops. I love knowing what people have in their kitchens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I always love hauls, and also pantry and fridge tours! Glad I'm not alone!!
      She is very majestic!

      Delete
  2. It’s inspiring to see what your groceries are and then what meals you make from them! Beware of the stems in the chopped kale, you might want to remove those before blending into a smoothie.
    I learned a thrifty trick when TJs was only selling coconut cream and was out of coconut milk- use one can of coconut cream, and whisk with one can worth of water! That’s it! The coconut cream is about the same price so it’s like getting an extra can coconut milk free :))

    Etta looks like she belongs there on her throne.
    Glad you got the new bag! That’s super helpful and really important to have a good bag when you have to travel with groceries
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely had some issues with the thick stems in my smoothie. I will definitely be removing them today!
      I'll have to try that with the coconut cream. I love coconut cream, it's so rich an decadent. An I always love free!
      Etta definitely belongs on a throne!
      I think this bag will really be able to hold up for me. I put reusable bags through it!! Lots of pounds of potatoes!

      Delete
  3. Love the design of your new bag, so cute with all the veggies on it! Looks like a great haul, too! That's absolutely hilarious that the kitties have been taking turns guarding the table! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really suspicious that I'm going to actually try to use the table as a table! It's pretty cute when they stare at me defiantly! I've accepted that the table belongs to them!

      Delete
  4. I love your new bag! It's a great way to treat yourself and it'll help you keep up your goals of less waste. Plus it's adorable! Your haul looks amazing as well and coconut yogurt sounds so yummy! How sweet is Etta?! I can't with that face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to be really good about bringing my own bags and this bag will help me lug a lot of potatoes!!

      Delete
    2. The coconut yogurt is really delicious!! Etta is the sweetest!

      Delete
  5. I have that same bag and LOVE it! It's one of my faves! I'm a sucker for canvas bags! I bet I have well over 100...maybe 200 LOL...only a few I have paid for...others have been promotional items or giveaways or gifts from others! I'll see if I can find some to send your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canvas bags are the best. They're sturdier, and you can carry them on your shoulder easily. The bags that are more plastic-y feeling usually on't have very long handles and will burn the crap out of your shoulder.

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen that coconut yogurt yet! Sounds yummy!

    I totally understand about wearing down your grocery bags! I realized one of my old school waxed canvas bags was started to crumble. Yikes! Although I don't think I've every BOUGHT a bag, we keep inheriting bags from people or given them as xmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete