Saturday, November 19, 2016

Trying to Catch Up

                                       
I saw this video the other day and had to share it. Although I've been reading about this burger and how realistic it is not only taste-wise, but also appearance, I haven't seen it anywhere, and I have not seen anyone cook it. It is so weird how realistic it looks! I mean it borders on making me kind of cringe. But like they say in the video, the target audience is meat eaters, not vegans. Not that they don't want vegans eating these, but they're trying to change minds and the world, which I support all the way. I've been reading that these are blowing off the shelves, so lets hope a lot of the sales are from non vegans. This might help people who really want to cut back on meat, but struggle and miss the taste. This could also cut back on rude teasing you might get from friends or family at BBQs and picnics. No beans or oats sticking out of those patties!
I've been in a funk, hence my absence from this blog. My meals have been sporadic, and pretty boring. I haven't had much of an appetite, and I haven't been inspired to make delicious recipes.
I feel like I can't really call this a Buddha bowl because of the lack of greens, but it was what I could do with what I had. I made some brown rice, and roasted some potatoes and chickpeas with lots of garlic and smoked paprika. I drizzled it with a garlic tahini sauce. It actually was really tasty, and my body appreciated the simplicity.
I found this rice pilaf on sale awhile ago, and decided to make it and add the leftover roasted chickpeas into the mix. Super simple again, but really tasty. I haven't had rice pilaf since going vegan, and honestly a long time before that. I don't go to weddings very often.
I knew I loved fries dipped in a combo of vegan ranch and Carolina gold BBQ sauce, and I'm happy to report that tater tots are tasty in that mix too. There's something about tater tots that just make me feel like a kid in the best way!
Here's Kanye in her favorite box! I have it in the corner of the kitty room. Kanye is a bit more introverted than the others, so she likes to go and have her quiet time. As you can see by the look on her face she is none too thrilled with me bugging. But it's Caturday after all!
I wanted to sign off with a quote I saw either on Twitter or Instagram, not sure which but I love it and had to write it down. " I don't get upset if people think I'm crazy for my views on wanting to change the world. If you go to a mental hospital and someone calls you a name, would you get upset? Of course not. Well, that's the way I think about the world. They don't know any better." And those beautiful words of wisdom come from Jaque Fresco.






4 comments:

  1. Tater tots are called potato gems here. They make any meal 1000% more better, scientific fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do. I like the name potato gems much better actually! :)

      Delete
  2. Your bowl looks great, as does the rice pilaf, but the tater tots look the absolute best to me, hehe! :D That's so sweet that Kanye has her own space to sneak off to for alone time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tots were the best if I'm being honest. Kanye is very much an introvert like me, so I totally get her needing me time!

      Delete