Saturday, December 19, 2020

What I Eat When Feeling Blah!

 It's been a very gloomy, grey week here in SLC. My mood has kind of blended with the grey. I just feel blah. So very 2020!

About a week ago I saw a recipe for creamy mushroom rice soup on Instagram. I wrote down the recipe, and forgot about it. Well, the other day I decided to make it because mushrooms have vitamin D so it seemed like a smart comfort meal. I had to cut the recipe way down because it called for one and one fourth cups of dry rice!! It always seems like comfort meals make enough to feed an entire neighborhood. I don't like to have weeks worth of leftovers, it stresses me out and I don't love having the same thing over and over. 


Even though I cut the recipe way down, it still made a ton which is unfortunate because I didn't enjoy this. I found it flat and boring. It was just creamy gloop. I think when it comes to some foods it's more wanting to like them than actually liking them.


The next day I made another batch of Singapore noodles, recipe of course from Will Yeung, recipe here. I paired the noodles with some hoisin glazed soy curls. This meal hit the spot!!!


These turned out better than I imagined! I just added the peppermint dandies right to the batter and it was the perfect amount of minty flavor!



Although Kevita kombucha is sold at a lot of stores, I've only seen the mango lime at Natural Grocers. It's the best mango kombucha I've had, and my favorite kevitaa flavor! If you find kombucha a little too vinegary, try Kevita. It's definitely the smoothest and least tangy.


Last night my stomach felt a little icky so I made hot and sour noodle soup, but I used rice cakes and some leftover rice. Recipe here. Yes, another Wil Yeung recipe!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the soup didn't work out well! I know precisely what you mean when you say you want to like some things and don't. I feel that way about tabbouleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! If you have leftover cream of mushroom soup there is a recipe I used to make a lot. You put a layer of rice (I used to use wild) and then top with a mixture of cream of mushroom soup and cheese and then top with ritz crackers. It’s really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG so I'm now obsessed with Wil Yeung thanks to your posts and can't wait to try that noodle soup! The soy curls meal looks incredible as do those brownies! Too bad the cream of mushroom soup didn't work out though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the mushroom rice soup, but the Singapore noodles with soy curls look like the perfect meal to make up for it! And yay for minty brownies!

    ReplyDelete