Friday, December 11, 2020

Haul Part One

 I've got a little Whole Foods haul. I didn't get a lot because for some reason this particular location is ALWAYS out of tofu. Like the last five or six times they're out of all tofu except for pumfu which is tofu made out of pumpkin seeds and it's like three times the cost of tofu. And it's green. And I've tried hemp tofu so I'm extremely leery of tofu substitutions. And also there are some produce items I can find cheaper at Winco and apparently I've morphed into my grandma, going to several stores for "the deals" My grandma was amazing so I don't mind!

Coconut milk, mushrooms,garlic, green onion, bath salts, gluten free lasagna sheets, vegan GF cheese crackers, veggie burgers, GF brownie mix, romaine hearts, gold potatoes, booch, vegan fish sauce, vegan gummies, curry cashews

I love the Viet Vegan and a few of her recipes have called for vegan fish sauce, which she says you can sub for extra soy sauce, but if you can find vegan fish sauce it adds something special. This was on sale, so I decided to invest. 

Last night I had the best dinner! I made yet another Wil Yeung recipe, this time his hot and sour noodle soup! I didn't have gluten free ramen noodles, so I used rice cakes and the broken rice noodles at the bottom of the bag. This is the best hot and sour soup I've ever had!! I remember I tried a recipe awhile ago, and it used cornstarch to thicken and I did not like the consistency. But this lets the noodles thicken the soup and it's so much better! I'm already craving this again. In case it isn't obvious, I'm a big fan!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh, vegan fish sauce! That's one I don't yet have in my arsenal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hot and sour soup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. officially a Wil Yeung fan now, thanks for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete