Tuesday, December 8, 2020

More Vegan Foods I've Tried!

 

I found this at Sprouts with all their holiday goodies. Taza is one of my favorite chocolates. I don't know if it's because it's stone ground or what, but the texture is different than any other chocolate I've ever had. It's lighter and almost flaky? The spicy little bits of gingerbread go so well with the dark chocolate. I think I need to buy a ton of these since they're seasonal. 


I also found these at Sprouts. They just looked so good, and while it's easy enough to find wafer like treats that are accidentally vegan, vegan and gluten free are more scarce. These are incredible. The wafers are crisp and thin and do not seem gluten free. Incredible, will definitely buy again. 


I saw these on my last trip to Trader Joe's and decided to try them. I felt nervous about quinoa subbing for rice, but it's okay. The quinoa is fine, but I think it's the red or black quinoa that stays kind of crunchy which is a bit off putting. These are fine, but honestly I think I'll stick to the rice filled Dolmas. 


Last night I made another incredible Wil Yeung recipe. This is garlic chili noodles. Here is the recipe and video. I subbed rice noodles for the spaghetti of course. This was yet another super simple but not simple tasting meals. I love him so much!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, buy all the cookies!

    The garlic chili noodles do look absolutely incredible! And putting in rice noodles for a recipe like that sounds better than spaghetti anyway. You are an inspiration.

    P.S. I think I'd prefer rice dolmas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Taza chocolate too! I have some of their drinking chocolate discs in my pantry now. So good with oatmilk and Dandies! I haven't seen the quinoa dolmas, but I love the TJ's rice dolmas!

    ReplyDelete