Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Thoughts on Stuff

 

Kroger/Fred Meyer/Smith's continues to kill in the vegan foods department! Simple Truth organic is their store organic brand, and they have so many vegan options, including dips, cheese and even deli slices and sausages! I almost passed up these rings, but then I saw "baked vegan snack" on the bag and I had to try them! 

I was hoping they'd be similar to fuyons and they are, maybe just a little less greasy. These are pretty dang addictive and I will definitely buy again!!

These were an impulse buy at Whole Foods. I was having PMS and I was hungry so I kind of had no option. These are really, really good. They are very covered in pickle dust magic, so they are pretty salty. Delicious!!!

I found this on sale awhile ago at Sprouts, and it is so horrible I only tasted a bit, and it's just been sitting in my fridge. It's so bad I don't even want to try and mix it with my own peanut sauce for fear of ruining a good sauce. I mean I'm offended by how bad this is, and how expensive it is. It's way too lime-y, in that kind of fake lime way, not enough salt and just all around terrible. 0 out of ten, would never buy this again!!


Another sauce I found on sale. I've tried a few pad Thai recipes I've found online and I've never been crazy about them.


The sauce is okay. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but it's better than any pad Thai sauce I've made. I give it a meh out of ten.

I've seen these JoJo's around, but they're pretty expensive and boast allergen free, added plant protein, all that stuff that usually takes the tre out of treat. The other day at Whole Foods they were handing these out for free at the register, so of course I grabbed one. 

I was right to never buy one. These are pretty bad, at least this flavor was. It has no sugar, so it's sweetened with erythritol which is maybe what gives it a bitter taste. Like not a dark chocolate bitterness, but an additional bitterness. Honestly, if I were avoiding sugar, I'd rather just not have anything sweet because these are blech out of ten!








4 comments:

  1. Sorry you had so many bad/meh things, but baked Funyons and dill pickle almonds sound AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you do these reviews!!! I pay close attention because you don't skimp on truth. If you like something, I always look to buy it because I know it'll be good. Thanks for sharing your candid thoughts on stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued by the dill pickle almonds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dill pickle - anything (vegan) - and I'll try it :)

    ReplyDelete