Wednesday, December 16, 2020

What I Ate on a Dreary Day

 Yesterday was a dreary blah day and I had the day off so I figured I'd show what I ate on a blah day. Most days in 2020 have had a blah undertone, don't you think? 



Green juice to start the day. Romaine, celery and pineapple. Pineapple really helps cut the green flavor!


For breakfast I had chia pudding made with Oatly, a little vanilla extract and frozen blueberries and raspberries. During the colder months, I don't eat a whole lot of fruit. Apples and oranges are great but my favorite fruits are nectarines, berries and mangoes. I can't really imagine having a smoothie on these cold mornings, so I thought this could be a way to get extra fruit in. But you know what? I don't care for fruity, sweet breakfasts and I never feel satisfied for long. I was ravenous all day yesterday, which isn't normally the case. I think I might just be okay with not having a ton of fruit in the winter. Why do I read health obsessed articles that mess with my head?



Less than an hour after the chia pudding my stomach was begging for more food, so I had some cashews and this salad with romaine, broccoli sprouts and a dollop of hummus. Also some robust Italian dressing. The dressing and the hummus went really well together.


A little later I had some more cashews and some of crackers and hummus. The hummus is so good, especially for that price, I wish I would have gotten more!

I found these cookies on clearance and they are some of the best chocolate chip cookies I've had. They really taste like the classic Toll house cookie. It's not surprising they're vegan, it's surprising that they're gluten free!

I got some Dunkin Donuts decaf coffee, and I love it in the afternoon! And it tastes so much better in my Golden Girls mug!!


For dinner I made red lentil and tofu Tikka Masala. The minute I decided to make this for dinner my stomach felt better. Before even having any. There is something about lentils and rice that just soothes my stomach so much!!



I had a few squares of this delicious chocolate before drifting off to sleep. This chocolate is a bit creamier and milkier than other vegan chocolate and it's a pretty decent price too. 

Are you a sweet or savory breakfast person? I've always felt a little weird because I prefer a savory breakfast, especially if it's leftover curry or something like that, and smoothie bowls and oats seem to be the face of vegan breakfasts!


3 comments:

  1. I am more of a sweet breakfast person, but I'll definitely go savory! And lately I'm finding that if it's too sweet and not enough protein I just don't feel very good in the mornings. But chia pudding should be a good source of protein, so I'd be fine with that (blended, of course; I always blend my chia pudding because I don't like the texture otherwise), and I put nut butter and such in my smoothies.

    In winter, I like porridges, like oatmeal. There are so many ways to explore oatmeal! So many ways to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried blending chia pudding, I'll have to try that!
    When I eat something sweet it fills me up in the moment, but it doesn't last the way a savory breakfast does.
    I always want to like oatmeal, but when I make it I never really do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food all looks delicious but that Golden Girls mug is just epic!!

    ReplyDelete