Sunday, September 20, 2020

Whole Foods and More!

 I have a little haul to show. I was going to go to Trader Joe's, but as I've learned over time, Friday's are almost as bad as Saturday and Sunday and I just wasn't feeling up to that stress. Grocery shopping is already stressful during these times, so I try to go to places that are as mellow as possible. So far my favorite places for groceries have been Sprouts and Whole Foods. They are never that busy, and most importantly all of the staff and customers wear masks correctly. When I go to Winco or Smiths, it's shocking how many people are just brazenly walking around with their masks around their chins. 

First a few things I grabbed at Smith's. I can't resist the gluten free tortillas for two dollars! They're normally seven! They've also come out with their own line of water kefir, and it's pretty tasty. They were on sale two for four! And they had Treeline cheese on sale so I treated myself. I wish Treeline were a little cheaper because I would have it all the time! 

Vegan gummies, bath salts, garlic, Japanese sweet potato, oranges, onion, veggie burgers, vegan cheddar crackers, grape booch, pumpkin spice nut pods, fizzy water, iceberg lettuce, celery, kale, green onions, romaine, peanut butter, carrots

Sadly, the Surf Sweet gummies are not vegan. I missed gelatin in the ingredients. I know Surf sweets makes vegan gummies, I've bought them at natural grocers. Returns and exchanges are weird with covid, so I'm just going to give them to a non vegan. Le sigh.

I wasn't specifically going for any type of budget, but I spent thirty seven dollars and some change at Whole Foods. Not too bad considering I got some treats.



Since I do so much griping about all of the horrible and expensive gluten free items out there, I have to be fair and give credit where it's due. I saw someone mention how great these are, and I put them in my cart, and almost changed my mind because gluten free crackers are super hit or miss for me, and I don't always love the fake cheddar taste. But, I decided to give them a chance, and WOW, I'm so glad I did! They have a decent texture, a tad dense but not too bad, and the taste! It has like a roast-y cheddar flavor, similar to what I remember Goldfish crackers tasting like. They aren't too pricey, compared to other gluten free crackers either. They are $3.99 a box, and given the quality I say totally worth it. I highly, highly recommend these, and I definitely will be buying again!


7 comments:

  1. Bummer about the gummies, but the crackers sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Citrus Blend sparkling water is quite good. If your Whole Foods has the Lime Mint Elderberry, it an unusual flavor worth trying. I felt like a little treasure hunter looking at all the neat stuff you got. Good haul!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost grabbed that flavor, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it, where as I knew I'd love the citrus. The raspberry lemonade is really, really good too!!
      Now I'll grab the lime mint elderberry the next time I'm there!

      Delete
  3. Those crackers sound so good! Cheese crackers were not really a bit part of my youth, I am sure there were some, but we were more about the Arnott's shapes (BBQ! Pizza!) and Chick'n in a Biscuit. I have had the Earth Balance Cheddar Squares before, and they were good. I want cheezy crackers!

    ReplyDelete