Thursday, September 3, 2020

A Few Things I've Been Loving

 I know I am extremely late to this party, but I have arrived. Last week I decided to try Oatly milk for my coffee and tea needs. A half gallon of Oatly was on sale for less or the same price as much smaller containers of creamers. Can't pass that up!

I know Winco has cheaper oatmilk, Planet Oat I think? I have gotten that in the past, but it just doesn't compare to Oatly, which is so much thicker and creamier. In the end, I think Oatly is actually a better deal, since you use much less.

I loved this kombucha so much! It's not spicy, you just get a tiny kick at the end. Very refreshing. I've tried several Suja flavors, and while all delicious, this is definitely my favorite.


I picked this up on my first trip to the downtown Whole Foods. I finally decided to give it a try the other night. You just mix some of this sauce with a little tamari/soy/aminos and a little water, and then add it to some cooked veggies and noodles! 


I added some baked tofu and had a little salad on the side. The sauce has pineapple in it, which scared me a little, but it really just adds some sweetness. It's salty, and sweet with a little tang from the tamarind. Really delicious and super easy. 


And since this post seems to be about things I've tried and loved, in the past couple of weeks I discovered Wil Yeung's amazing YouTube channel, and last week I made his Aloo curry potatoes, and it was so incredible I made it again this week. And I'm sure I'll make this so many times I'll memorize the recipe!

5 comments:

  1. I love Oatly!! But I also never buy it because it's hard for me to spend the money when I can get a generic brand cheaper. But it's so good! Also, that black bean sauce sounds delicious. But when I first saw the pic, I thought it was fermented black bean kombucha!!! Which sounds GROSS! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Oatly has spoiled me. Whole Foods had it on sale for $3.60!! I had to try it, and now I think I can never buy any other!!!
      That sounds so gross!!!!!

      Delete
  2. That black bean sauce sounds amazing!
    Also I laughed when I saw Bianca mention she initially thought it was going to be black bean kombucha... and then I realised that I would totally try it no matter how gross it might be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really tasty, and you would be able to have it because there is no spice!
      You are very brave when it comes to drinks, I've seen some on your blog through the years that I would never try!!!

      Delete
  3. Both of your bowls look so good!

    ReplyDelete