Wednesday, September 16, 2020

A Whole Post of Random

 When I stopped at Trader Joe's for their new vegan milk chocolate bar(S), I was going to grab a water kefir. I don't really care for GT's kombucha, but their kefir is really tasty. Especially the pink grapefruit. I do love their pineapple booch, and so I decided to give the strawberry lemonade a chance, and it's as good as the pineapple!

I definitely would buy this again! As a matter of fact it inspired me to make my next batch of booch strawberry lemonade!


Everywhere you look in this city you see the devastation from last week's windstorm. Huge, beautiful old trees ripped out of the ground like they were just twigs. It's so sad. here, you can see where the wind took down a billboard! You can also see the grey haze from wildfires covering the blue sky. 

I'm so late to the party that the party's pretty much over, but I finally tried cauliflower mash! Well, I should say cauliflower potato mash. I did about fifty fifty cauliflower to potatoes. And, to be honest I couldn't even taste the cauliflower! I added a dollop of oat butter to the top for extra richness, and had a lentil shitake gravy. Beige but delicious!

By the way, Miyoko's oat milk butter is cheaper than her original cashew based butter, and in my humble opinion it's just as rich and buttery.


I found these in the gluten free section somewhere, and WOW! These are incredible. Really great BBQ flavor, the right amount of smokiness. Eleven out of ten!


Last night I made tomato cheese rice again. This time I used Violife mature cheddar, but I could only find the slices which is why it looks a little weird. Served with some vegan honey mustard slaw. The honey mustard is courtesy of FYH. I never had honey mustard in my pregan days, but the vegan version is pretty dang tasty!


6 comments:

  1. I love the Outback BBQ crisps. They always make me feel happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely am happy I discovered them! The BBQ flavor is so great, and unfortunately a lot of BBQ chips are vegan, but not gluten free.

      Delete
  2. Honey mustard is SO GOOD. I wasn't into it much as a pregan, either, oddly enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I also was never into mayo or ranch, but as a vegan I love both. In my pregan days I used to scream in horror when people dipped fris in ranch or mayo, but now I do both!
      Have you tried the FYH honey mustard?

      Delete
  3. Tomato cheese rice sounds delicious! And I haven't seen the new Miyoko oat butter in stores here yet, but I can't wait to try it.
    Also didn't know TJ's had vegan milk chocolate bars, but I need that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomato cheese rice sounds wonderful, it is like something my mum would make (and still occasionally does) that had other stuff in it but tomato, rice, cheese is a good combination.

    ReplyDelete